I need help choosing a new monitor (>24")

Patrick0Hansen

Hey People

My secondary monitor just died, so i need to get a new one and i'm having trouble doing so..

I've been looking around, and i've found a few monitors that i like, that seem to fit my need, but i also keep running into reviews warning of backlight bleed and generally poor black levels, either out-of-the-box or shortly after being taken into use, so i just don't know what to think here..

Anyhow,  what i'm hoping for is either for owners of one of these monitors to share the experience, or for people to suggest alternatives :)

I use the monitor for programming, light Photoshop work, web browsing and watching video (series)

My basic criteria are:
Pivoting stand ( after-market stands are like 90$ at their cheapest over here)
25" screen or above
At least 1080p resolution
Budget of around 400$

DisplayPort

Nice to haves:
IPS
1440p resolution
Black (My computer an all of its current peripherals are black)

The monitors I've found that i like so far:

ASUS PB258Q

Dell UltraSharp U2515H

AOC Q2577PWQ

I hope someone can assist, in any case; Thank you for reading my post ^_^

The Asus MG279Q. It's a Freesync monitor, but I know it off-hand because I'm waiting to get one. It's 1440p, IPS, and while it is pretty expensive, you can search around for deals around $400.

Thy hath sinneth, and in thy life thou hast fallen to an unholy, unspeakable level of humanity. Thou hast given into your basest needs. And suffered many years under thine Satan-box. However, if thine be willing, as thy hast show yourself to be, thy can ascendeth into thy glorious fold of the glorious church. Go well, my brother, may your temps be low and your frames high. ~ MrDynamicMan

12 minutes ago, elitekills999 said:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1224162-REG/lg_27ud68_p_27_widescreen_led.html

27in

ips

freesync

Lg- l have a lg monitor, love it

2 way and 4 way Picture-in-Picture, useful for programming

Hope this answers your question

Sadly, that monitor isn't available (yet?) in my country, very good suggestion though :)

12 minutes ago, UL_42L said:

The Asus MG279Q. It's a Freesync monitor, but I know it off-hand because I'm waiting to get one. It's 1440p, IPS, and while it is pretty expensive, you can search around for deals around $400.

I actually already have that monitor as my primary monitor; As i said, i'm looking for a replacement for my secondary monitor, so i don't need freesync nor a refresh rate above 60hz really, that and it costs about 700$ over here :/

Thanks though :)

30 minutes ago, Patrick0Hansen said:

Hey People

My secondary monitor just died, so i need to get a new one and i'm having trouble doing so..

I've been looking around, and i've found a few monitors that i like, that seem to fit my need, but i also keep running into reviews warning of backlight bleed and generally poor black levels, either out-of-the-box or shortly after being taken into use, so i just don't know what to think here..

Anyhow,  what i'm hoping for is either for owners of one of these monitors to share the experience, or for people to suggest alternatives :)

I use the monitor for programming, light Photoshop work, web browsing and watching video (series)

My basic criteria are:
Pivoting stand ( after-market stands are like 90$ at their cheapest over here)
25" screen or above
At least 1080p resolution
Budget of around 400$

DisplayPort

Nice to haves:
IPS
1440p resolution
Black (My computer an all of its current peripherals are black)

The monitors I've found that i like so far:

ASUS PB258Q

Dell UltraSharp U2515H

AOC Q2577PWQ

I hope someone can assist, in any case; Thank you for reading my post ^_^

Get the Dell Ultrasharp. I have their predecessors, the U2212HM, best monitor ive ever owned. 3 of them in surround

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

The Acer K272HULbmiidp may be another option of the others don't work for you. It's a 27" IPS 1440p monitor running at $270 USD where I am.

Thy hath sinneth, and in thy life thou hast fallen to an unholy, unspeakable level of humanity. Thou hast given into your basest needs. And suffered many years under thine Satan-box. However, if thine be willing, as thy hast show yourself to be, thy can ascendeth into thy glorious fold of the glorious church. Go well, my brother, may your temps be low and your frames high. ~ MrDynamicMan

On 5/26/2016 at 8:42 PM, UberGamerKing said:

Get the Dell Ultrasharp. I have their predecessors, the U2212HM, best monitor ive ever owned. 3 of them in surround

Decided to go with the Dell, just set it up and it's an absolutely beautiful monitor.

I've tested it out in a pitch black room, with a black image on the monitor and you can tell that there is some light bleed, but it's barely noticable which is a great relief to me..

Anyhow, that is that, point of post has been accomplished, thank you people :)