Opinions on my Specification (Building PC)

This is a followup from my last thread. I have improved the specifications of the PC Tower, if there is any improvement you can suggest, feel free to comment about it.

Motherboard: Asus Z-170-A ATX - $105

CPU: Intel core i7-6700k 4.00 Ghz - $325

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080  - $600 

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 80+ PLATINUM (800 W) - $135

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SATA - Free

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3 TB - Free

Case: Deepcool Genome (Built in Water Cooling System) - $250

I also need suggestions on a 4k monitor, preferably a cheap monitor that runs really well with a good refresh rate. Thank you!

Edited by Pure Beast

yah good specs, also a 1080 wont play 4K maxed out 60fps, it can do high but not maxed out, just though i should mention because i would get a 1440p screen instead

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I think it's come together pretty good compared to all that confusion earlier.
Nicely done. As for 4k monitors, I'm no help.I don't game at 4k.

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yah good specs, also a 1080 wont play 4K maxed out 60fps, it can do high but not maxed out, just though i should mention because i would get a 1440p screen instead

its ok, I dont need maxed out. I was planning on upgrading in the future and have two GTX 1080s

1 minute ago, Pure Beast said:

its ok, I dont need maxed out. I was planning on upgrading in the future and have two GTX 1080s

ok, just thought i should mention it :)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, DioOmicida said:

I think it's come together pretty good compared to all that confusion earlier.
Nicely done. As for 4k monitors, I'm no help.I don't game at 4k.

Thanks anyways

Let us, or at least me, know how you like the case once you get it.
It's a curious case to me. 

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

1 minute ago, DioOmicida said:

Let us, or at least me, know how you like the case once you get it.
It's a curious case to me. 

I like the case coz of the side panel first off all, I can show off my amazing gpu ;) and also I like the design, I have keyboard and mouse pad and headphones and also a mouse (okay maybe not a mouse but i will color it white myself). The LED lights look amazing and I really like the design a lot. I was first getting a NZXT Phantom case but my friend told me to get a full tower case for upgrade-ability. I want my gpu on the side so I can show it off, and hopefully the water cooling is good, otherwise i may have to buy a new water cooling system in the future.

Don't get the Founders Edition card, it's literally just a reference card sold by Nvidia with a price premium. Wait for the aftermarket coolers to get released from the board partners, EVGA just announced that that their custom cooled card will be available launch day as well, I would recommend getting that one, $600 USD instead of $700 USD I believe. 

Other than that, I agree with @DioOmicida, It's improved massively.

2 hours ago, Pure Beast said:

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 80+ PLATINUM (800 W) - $135

This is a bit overkill for this system. 850 Watts is more than is really needed, and you don't need the 80 Plus Platinum version either. I'd get the SuperNOVA 650 G2 and call it a day. The G2's quality is still absolutely top-tier, just about 2% less efficient.

Edit: Just saw the post about SLI above. If you're serious about adding another 1080, 850 W is justified. Still, you could get the 850 G2 and save a bit of money, though.

Good Specs. But 4K is a bad choice.

I would go for Ultrawide or 2560x1440p with high refresh rate.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

10 hours ago, Praesi said:

Good Specs. But 4K is a bad choice.

I would go for Ultrawide or 2560x1440p with high refresh rate.

I want to game in 4k, but is it bad coz of the low refresh rates?

10 hours ago, typographie said:

Edit: Just saw the post about SLI above. If you're serious about adding another 1080, 850 W is justified. Still, you could get the 850 G2 and save a bit of money, though.

7 hours ago, Pure Beast said:

Early 4K monitors were often 30 Hz, but most today are 60.

60 Hz is not "bad" for gaming, no… the vast majority of us are still using 60 Hz monitors (and most of us not at 4K), and probably will be for a long time. If you're building this system specifically for competitive CS:GO, a high refresh rate monitor is somewhat more important, but for most games there is little practical benefit.

1 minute ago, typographie said:

Early 4K monitors were often 30 Hz, but most today are 60.

60 Hz is not "bad" for gaming, no… the vast majority of us are still using 60 Hz monitors, and probably will be for a long time. If you're building this system specifically for competitive CS:GO, a high refresh rate monitor is somewhat more important, but for most games there is little practical benefit.

Yea, I play cs:go a lot, but I want to get new games that  can run on 4k for a different experience

7 hours ago, Pure Beast said:

"Lower" resolution with higher fps is better for gaming. And you can max everything with easy 60fps minimum and not maximum. If you go for 27", 1440p 144hz gsync is your best bet.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

9 minutes ago, Praesi said:

"Lower" resolution with higher fps is better for gaming. And you can max everything with easy 60fps minimum and not maximum. If you go for 27", 1440p 144hz gsync is your best bet.

OK, thanks