Dust control

ixiboneheadixi

I have a major dust problem in my home, like in 1 or 2 days there is a noticeable layer of dust on everything. i just bought some air purifiers that are helping and got some good floor mats so the dogs don't bring so much in, but im done buying so many damn cans of air. Has anyone ever bought a small air compressor and used that to blow the dust out of their system and such? If so what is a good price point and model to get?

10 minutes ago, ixiboneheadixi said:

I have a major dust problem in my home, like in 1 or 2 days there is a noticeable layer of dust on everything. i just bought some air purifiers that are helping and got some good floor mats so the dogs don't bring so much in, but im done buying so many damn cans of air. Has anyone ever bought a small air compressor and used that to blow the dust out of their system and such? If so what is a good price point and model to get?

the problem with cheap air compressors is that if you dont do it right you spray small parts of water in your system. Industrial air compressors doesnt have this problem. I am not saying that you allways have water out an consumer grade air compressor but there is a risk.

I have a small compressor and that works great (noisy but great). the're reletively cheap. i bought mine for like 50 bucks used. in my country that is the same price as 5 cans of compressed air.

you can read up on this problem here: http://hydraulicspneumatics.com/200/TechZone/AirFiltersandFR/Article/False/45409/TechZone-AirFiltersandFR

1 minute ago, JPotze said:

the problem with cheap air compressors is that if you dont do it right you spray small parts of water in your system. Industrial air compressors doesnt have this problem. I am not saying that you allways have water out an consumer grade air compressor but there is a risk.

I have a small compressor and that works great (noisy but great). the're reletively cheap. i bought mine for like 50 bucks used. in my country that is the same price as 5 cans of compressed air.

I'll be sure to look out for ones that do that. thanks.

I've worked with cnc machines for almost 10 years. and we have to use compressed air to blow off machines, parts, etc. Aren't you worried about the water in the lines, even with collectors and what not. it'd worry me

Any compressor will accumulate water, the more humid your local environment the more this will be an issue.  Assuming your dust problem is largely external that probably means you live in a dry climate.  Otherwise the dust is mainly from you and your dogs.

None that are worth a darn are going to be cheap.  This is about as cheap as I'd go

http://www.amazon.com/PORTER-CABLE-C2002-WK-Oil-Free-Compressor-Accessory/dp/B000N5UHK0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464272486&sr=8-1&keywords=pancake+compressor

Given the expense, and the need for routine maintenance, canned air doesn't seem so bad.

10 hours ago, MichiganChucker said:

I've worked with cnc machines for almost 10 years. and we have to use compressed air to blow off machines, parts, etc. Aren't you worried about the water in the lines, even with collectors and what not. it'd worry me

Not too worried about water honestly, ill just turn everything off before i use it then wait a while to make sure any water dried.