Asus MeMO Pad 7

Gregrs
9 minutes ago, Gregrs said:

Is this any good? I was looking for a cheap tablet just to use for clash of clans and schoolwork, and I came across this.

reviews: http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-MeMO-ME70CX-7-Inch-Tablet/dp/B00NNQDY74

(btw don't link a product from the place you want to buy if they only have 1 in stock)

Having 2 of them in the house (one for myself, one for my dad), it's a decent cheap 7" tablet from a company known for quality, though the one big problem we both have with it is the fact it's running a x86-based Intel Atom chip means we're stuck using the ASUS ZenUI stuff (which can NOT be uninstalled, even if you root and install something like Titanium Backup) and there's no way to root and replace the OS with something like CyanogenMod since most other Android distros are intended for ARM chips and not x86 chips.

Yes, in my eyes the bulk of the ZenUI apps and 'features' are really bloatware that we're forced to live with as there's no real alternative distros we can put on the tablets, but that's because I'd rather have the storage space taken up by those extra apps available for software I want to install and use .