Motherboard not picking up gpu

Go to solution Solved by Lehti,
1 minute ago, GtaSeriesFan said:

But he could only be using the onboard gpu when the hdmi cable or any other cable is directly plugged into the motherboard to give any kind of signal.

The onboard graphics works regarless of a cable plugged in. Switching to "Discrete card only" will disable output from those ports and force it through the discrete graphics card.

So i have this new mother board but its only picking up the onboard video that it has , how do i set it so i can make my actual video card run instead of the onboard?

Search for the relevant option in the BIOS. It should be called something like "iGPU multi monitor" or something along those lines.

2 minutes ago, Lehti said:

Search for the relevant option in the BIOS. It should be called something like "iGPU multi monitor" or something along those lines.

But he could only be using the onboard gpu when the hdmi cable or any other cable is directly plugged into the motherboard to give any kind of signal.

PC || CPU - I5 3570K @4.5ghz|| Motherboard - Asrock Z77 extreme 4 || CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 || RAM - 1x8GB Vengeance Blue - XPG Adata 2x4GB's (16GB) || Graphics card - EVGA GTX 970 superclocked ACX 2.0 SLI || Storage- SEAGATE FIRECUDA 1TB ||PSU- Corsair AX750 watt gold rated|| Case- NZXT 340 WHITE

1 minute ago, GtaSeriesFan said:

The onboard graphics works regarless of a cable plugged in. Switching to "Discrete card only" will disable output from those ports and force it through the discrete graphics card.