The British Ordnance Survey has rebuilt Britain with Minecraft

naca1227

So there is this article on The Verge about how the Ordnance Survey (Britain's mapping agency) has built Britain within Minecraft. They didn't manually make it though, just number crunching. So there aren't any cities. but if somone were to download a mapof this and make all the cities and towns, that would be amazing. Google Maps is a thing. 

Here is the link to the article http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/26/4772306/ordnance-survey-creates-giant-map-of-uk-in-minecraft

I personally think this is awesome and if I ever played Minecraft anymore I would totally download a map of this. I want to hear what people from the Britain think of this.

This really makes me want to play again and build Minneapolis or something, 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I'm tempted to download it and see what it's like where I live...

I'm tempted to download it and see what it's like where I live...

Most likely just some cows and sheep, with some grass.

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Most likely just some cows and sheep, with some grass.

Most likely yeah, but I live on the coast and there's also a couple rivers near me

pretty coll even if it was automatically generated, still very cool

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly