question - Mulitple gaming platforms , same game

Sailordude9980

Hello

Got my self a first world problem.  I have a PC, Xbox, PS4.  My gaming friends are scattered across all these platforms.

So when I play the Division on PC, all my friends are on PS4 / Xbox.

I know cross platform play is happening with a few select games, just none of the games I play.

My next thought was to buy the game on two different platforms.  Well that is expensive and not practical.   

Other than bribing my friends to play on the platform I am on, how do I solve something like this?

5 minutes ago, Sailordude9980 said:

Hello

Got my self a first world problem.  I have a PC, Xbox, PS4.  My gaming friends are scattered across all these platforms.

So when I play the Division on PC, all my friends are on PS4 / Xbox.

I know cross platform play is happening with a few select games, just none of the games I play.

My next thought was to buy the game on two different platforms.  Well that is expensive and not practical.   

Other than bribing my friends to play on the platform I am on, how do I solve something like this?

Find new friends :)

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

Get new friends. 

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Either go to their house and game with them on their consoles or stop socializing with console peasants and step your friend game up to the PC Master Race. Someone needs to change platforms, and since you're on the superior one, make them change. Or just find more PC gaming friends.

Seriously though, do they have PS4/Xbone or PS3/Xbox 360? You can always scour your locals craigslist/ebay for used consoles/games. Cross-platform works well for some games (Rocket League for example) but a FPS will never really work well. Mouse x keyboard will absolutely destroy anyone with a game pad; this has been proven in several attempts at cross-platform FPS's.

26 minutes ago, Vercii said:

Find new friends :)

But But , I have no friends ?

14 minutes ago, Omon_Ra said:

Either go to their house and game with them on their consoles or stop socializing with console peasants and step your friend game up to the PC Master Race. Someone needs to change platforms, and since you're on the superior one, make them change. Or just find more PC gaming friends.

Seriously though, do they have PS4/Xbone or PS3/Xbox 360? You can always scour your locals craigslist/ebay for used consoles/games. Cross-platform works well for some games (Rocket League for example) but a FPS will never really work well. Mouse x keyboard will absolutely destroy anyone with a game pad; this has been proven in several attempts at cross-platform FPS's.

Great points.  Thank you for your insight