It's Hot in Here!

david31160

So, in my gaming/workshop/lab room it's really hot (and cold. Its 90 degrees every day during the summer and -20 everyday in the winter. Welcome to where I live). And the main contributor to the heat is my pc. So I was thinking of some kind of solution to vent the heat out of the room because right now I have a giant fan as a temporary solution. The fan is loud and doesn't work well. My original solution to this problem was to liquid cool my computer and have a really long tube that goes to another room and put the radiators in there. But I realized that was way to expensive. So I'm trying to figure something out. I think I might attach like an air vent of something to my pc. Do you guys have any suggestions/comments/ideas/tips?  

Alnair (Main PC):

CPU: i9-7900X with EK Supremacy RGB and SE 360 radiator

RAM: 32 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 MHz

MB: Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7

GPU: GTX 1070 Founder’s Edition

PSU: EVGA 850 G3

SSD: WD Blue M.2 1tb, Sandisk SSD Plus 1tb

Mistle (NAS):

CPU: Pentium G3258 with stock cooler

RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury DDR3 1600 MHz

MB: MSI H81M-E33

GPU: Intel integrated 

PSU: 500w Cooler Master

HDD: 2 x 2tb WD Red in RAID 1

Armakarth (NAS/3D modeling station/my old computer)

CPU: i7-4790K with Hyper 212

RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury DDR3 1600 MHz

MB: MSI Z97-G45

GPU: EVGA GT 740 SC

PSU: 750W Sentey

SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB

HDD: 2 x 2tb WD Red in RAID 1, 2tb Seagate Barracuda, 1tb WD Blue

The Pizza Cooker (server):

2x quad core 2.66 ghz Xeons

16gb DDR2 FBDIMM

probably won't work (see linus' whole room water cooling).

your only real solution is to put the computer in another room.

Im not sure what your situation is, and this is also a really stupid simple thing, but keep a door open. Ruins privacy, I know, but it helped me A LOT.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Single room aircons are super cheap (you're looking at around $250 USD for an under-2hp one) and work very well.

As for your exotic watercooling idea, watch "Whole Room Watercooling" and understand why you shouldnt be doing that. You can also have your computer in another room like in Linus's latest personal rig vlogs.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

38 minutes ago, david31160 said:

So, in my gaming/workshop/lab room it's really hot (and cold. Its 90 degrees every day during the summer and -20 everyday in the winter. Welcome to where I live). And the main contributor to the heat is my pc. So I was thinking of some kind of solution to vent the heat out of the room because right now I have a giant fan as a temporary solution. The fan is loud and doesn't work well. My original solution to this problem was to liquid cool my computer and have a really long tube that goes to another room and put the radiators in there. But I realized that was way to expensive. So I'm trying to figure something out. I think I might attach like an air vent of something to my pc. Do you guys have any suggestions/comments/ideas/tips?  

linus doesnt reccomend whole room cooling

it doesnt make that much of a difference

just buy an ac unit

Yep, just get a single room AC unit, I am about to put mine in after the long winter as my computer room is hitting the upper 70's now.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card