Should i sell my GTX 770 for gtx 1070 ?

Tadziunia

My friend said he would buy my asus gtx 770 2gb direct cu ii for 150euros, though price good for me, anyway 1000series is here and even 900series would drop prices anyway. I don't know about real pricing in my country for gtx 1070, if it cost as low as 350euros, i would only add extra 200euros if i sell my 770. What should i do ?

sou

2 minutes ago, Tadziunia said:

My friend said he would buy my asus gtx 770 2gb direct cu ii for 150euros, though price good for me, anyway 1000series is here and even 900series would drop prices anyway. I don't know about real pricing in my country for gtx 1070, if it cost as low as 350euros, i would only add extra 200euros if i sell my 770. What should i do ?

Sounds good, if the money is no problem

well, wait until the card is out and then you'll see if it fits into your budget. Or is it urgent for your buddy?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

1 minute ago, GregButcher said:

well, wait until the card is out and then you'll see if it fits into your budget. Or is it urgent for your buddy?

I can take GTX 1080... But still it's am more interested in 1070. It's gold spot for me. My friend can wait, he just said what if i think to sell my gpu, he would take it.

well if you know he's happy to pay his price for that  then i don't see why you would hesitate. 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

1070 will offer a better price to performance than the 1080. I would give EVGA time to play with it first though.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

6 minutes ago, App4that said:

1070 will offer a better price to performance than the 1080. I would give EVGA time to play with it first though.

I want to see same thing like it was with 970 and 980. We could overclock 970 to it balls and it could match or even outperform by a little gtx 980 stock, so 970 was great card for money. Ofcource we probably won't see it in 1000series because 1080 uses way faster video memory. 

1 minute ago, Tadziunia said:

I want to see same thing like it was with 970 and 980. We could overclock 970 to it balls and it could match or even outperform by a little gtx 980 stock, so 970 was great card for money. Ofcource we probably won't see it in 1000series because 1080 uses way faster video memory. 

The 1070 uses GDDR5 memory while the 1080 has the GDDR5X, not a huge deal but something to keep in mind.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

The 1070 uses GDDR5 memory while the 1080 has the GDDR5X, not a huge deal but something to keep in mind.

We will see. Interesting what about AMD...

5 minutes ago, Tadziunia said:

We will see. Interesting what about AMD...

I'm much more excited about Polaris 10 than Vega. If AMD can match the performance of the 1070 at the price they listed of 300us, that will be the card to have.