Display Issues/image

Go to solution Solved by ChrisCross,
16 minutes ago, Baron623 said:

first an overclock is the most likely source of the issue. if it happens again run your cpu on stock.

but if restarting the monitor solved the issue i bet its windows beeing the unstable mess that it is.

After playing Fallout 4 for an hour or so, and closing out from game via menu to desktop, my task bar appeared about an inch below the top of the screen and well as at the bottom where it should have been.  The task bar and the inch of space above were a neon green, and the task bar did not function.  My shortcuts on the desktop went over the green spot, and when opening chrome, the upper phantom task bar appeared with it.  I turned off my display and heard a sound that meant it was disconnected and turned it back on, then the phantom task bar and all the green around it was gone.  Is this a graphics card problem, or an issue with Fallout 4? I'm leaning towards the card even though I have had very little problem with it in the 9 months I have had it.  I don't know if this applies but sometimes I hear a buzzing when my system is under load.

I have a 4690k overclocked to 4.2Ghz, 16gb of 1600mhz Corsair Vengence pro, Asrock Z97x Faltal1ty motherboard, 1tb western digital hard drive, 240gb ssd, Asus Strix GTX 970, and a Corsair CX600 psu.  I did not take any screenshots of this odd occurrence. 

16 minutes ago, Baron623 said:

first an overclock is the most likely source of the issue. if it happens again run your cpu on stock.

but if restarting the monitor solved the issue i bet its windows beeing the unstable mess that it is.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.