Looking for a thin and light laptop

Hi

I am looking to get laptop which i can use both at work and home. I want good bettery life with the ablity to run dota2 atleast on lowest setting with decent fps. I would prefer windows. The more light weight the better. My budget is around $1200 give and take. 13 to 14 inchs would awesome as i find larger laptops too bulky. I have never kept a laptop for my self, have a desktop from 2008 which is bearly hanging on but my sibblings are laptop users and major of my openions are based on observing them.

I was looking at razer stealth 256gb model but the availablity is an issue here at middle east plus package forwording cost from US makes it not worth it

Looking at the the reviews of dell xps13 i7 6500 one made me interested in it given it has great bettery life, pretty much same config, better overall features and most of all its dell which has good availablity in middle east and package forwarding via amazon uk or uk in general is cheaper.

Please advice me what should i go for can this iteration of dell xps play dota with decent fps or should i go for some thing else, iwas w8ing for the quardcore asus laptop from linus ces 2016 xg2 video but as of now no one knows when is that gona be out or whats it gonna cost.

I want something that will atleast give me 3-4  years and would preer not to w8 anymore as i have been trying to upgrade since last 2 years but a new feature makes me drool and i end up waiting for it but then somthing else hits the market

Ok I am currently reaserching a suitable ultrabook with gaming capability for you. Give me a minute and i will send u the link.

Dell XPS 13 - More portable and better style

Asus Zenbook UX305 - Has the most gaming capability

Both of these are under 1200$ and will run DOTA 2 easily at high settings.

I hope i helped you. If i did please give me a thumbs-up :)

For the love of god stay away from razer laptops, they run very very hot and the CPU throttles down. If you can't cool a dual core 15w CPU you should just quit at making laptops. 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

For the love of god stay away from razer laptops, they run very very hot and the CPU throttles down. If you can't cool a dual core 15w CPU you should just quit at making laptops. 

Okay staying away :) i love god

Now what do you advice

1 hour ago, Rohan Reddy said:

Dell XPS 13 - More portable and better style

Asus Zenbook UX305 - Has the most gaming capability

Both of these are under 1200$ and will run DOTA 2 easily at high settings.

I hope i helped you. If i did please give me a thumbs-up :)

Thanks for the advise will look into these more but would like to see all my choices before i decide for now checking their availablity and pricing in my area 

5 minutes ago, asaad said:

Okay staying away :) i love god

Now what do you advice

If you can get the XPS 15 do it, if not dell XPS 13, ThinkPad T450s(used), ThinkPad x250(used), ThinkPad x260. They all have enough power to run dota and the thinkpads will give you better build, better cooling, longer battery life and better keyboard. The XPS 13 will look nicer and be a little smaller, the XPS 15 will be the most powerful of them all since it has a quadcore and a gtx 960m

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

27 minutes ago, Wedsea040 said:

Go for the 15 if you can. More powerful with a GTX 960m compared to the XPS 13's iGPU. Screen is 15 inch, but I think that this is a better computer. Would play DOTA fine and is about $1200 USD

http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-15-9550-laptop/pd?oc=dncwx1627s&model_id=xps-15-9550-laptop

Yes that definately crossed my mind but the size of it is making me backout is there any thing comparable around 14 inches laptops 

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

If you can get the XPS 15 do it, if not dell XPS 13, ThinkPad T450s(used), ThinkPad x250(used), ThinkPad x260. They all have enough power to run dota and the thinkpads will give you better build, better cooling, longer battery life and better keyboard. The XPS 13 will look nicer and be a little smaller, the XPS 15 will be the most powerful of them all since it has a quadcore and a gtx 960m

Do you think i have any good choices in 14 inches? After you and wedsea040 adviced 15 inch i will open my mind and look positivaly for these choices but the thing is after using my brother's macbook air (which obviously cant game) and my sisters's lenovo flux 2 14 i am just not able to digest the idea of of 15inch or larger over the portablity and confortablity of smaller size

1 minute ago, asaad said:

Do you think i have any good choices in 14 inches? After you and wedsea040 adviced 15 inch i will open my mind and look positivaly for these choices but the thing is after using my brother's macbook air (which obviously cant game) and my sisters's lenovo flux 2 14 i am just not able to digest the idea of of 15inch or larger over the portablity and confortablity of smaller size

All the other ones I mentioned, maybe also the T460p since you can get that with a gtx 940mx

5 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

All the other ones I mentioned, maybe also the T460p since you can get that with a gtx 940mx

Oh i just searched after replying to you and it seem there is a good chance that what i am looking for lie is 14 inch as here i can get discrete graphics with acceptable size and footprint while staying in my budget

Wishing if there was an xps 14 :P there would be like searching then

Thanks anyway i am away to google it identify my 14inch laptop

13 minutes ago, asaad said:

Thanks for the advise will look into these more but would like to see all my choices before i decide for now checking their availablity and pricing in my area 

Ok. Which is ur area

17 minutes ago, asaad said:

Yes that definately crossed my mind but the size of it is making me backout is there any thing comparable around 14 inches laptops 

The display is a 15" one but the body itself isn't. The body is what you would expect from a 14" machine.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

2 minutes ago, Rohan Reddy said:

Ok. Which is ur area

I live in pakistan but my one of my brother is in saudia arab and another in UAE so i can get my choice from there aswell

Most of the pc and laptop market in pakistan imports via uae so there is better chance that i can get cheeper from UAE or Saudia

If not there is always package forwarding via uk

2 minutes ago, exercutor5 said:

The display is a 15" one but the body itself isn't. The body is what you would expect from a 14" machine.

Oh you mean the thin bezels are in play making its footprint smaller cool

The pricing in UK is very expensive compared to UAE and Pakistan. I know this since I had lived there a few years ago and even a celeron laptop from a good brand is around 250 - 300 £ which is a lot.

1 minute ago, asaad said:

Oh you mean the thin bezels are in play making its footprint smaller cool

Yes, a signature thing in the current gen of XPS machines. Dell calls it the InfinityEdge.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

48 minutes ago, Rohan Reddy said:

The pricing in UK is very expensive compared to UAE and Pakistan. I know this since I had lived there a few years ago and even a celeron laptop from a good brand is around 250 - 300 £ which is a lot.

48 minutes ago, exercutor5 said:

Yes, a signature thing in the current gen of XPS machines. Dell calls it the InfinityEdge.

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

1 hour ago, Wedsea040 said:

Go for the 15 if you can. More powerful with a GTX 960m compared to the XPS 13's iGPU. Screen is 15 inch, but I think that this is a better computer. Would play DOTA fine and is about $1200 USD

http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-15-9550-laptop/pd?oc=dncwx1627s&model_id=xps-15-9550-laptop

Thank you all for you input i have decided on xps 15

It seems it fits my needs anx budget more over its dell which has good availablity

Thumbs up for every one