Server on Phone?

I have an Old (well technically new, one i dont use anymore) Samsung Galaxy S6 (non-edge) phone. I was wondering if it could be used to run game servers on the go. It doesnt have mobile data, so just wifi. would it be possible to make it into a game server? like minecraft, terraria, etc?

Technically, yes. However, it would likely take quite a bit of know-how (to the point where if you have to ask, you can't do it yourself) and the final experience of running something like a Minecraft server would be awful. If you had a device to run Minecraft on, it would normally be much better to run the server off that device than off a phone.

x86 vs arm

meaning no

however you can run an apache server on a phone

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

3 hours ago, ZeusXI said:

I have an Old (well technically new, one i dont use anymore) Samsung Galaxy S6 (non-edge) phone. I was wondering if it could be used to run game servers on the go. It doesnt have mobile data, so just wifi. would it be possible to make it into a game server? like minecraft, terraria, etc?

If it has better specs then a raspberry pi then possibly, because people have run mc servers off of an RPi.

3 hours ago, thekeemo said:

x86 vs arm

meaning no

however you can run an apache server on a phone

RPi runs off of an arm cpu and can run a mc server, so is it an issue with the os compatability?

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Just now, SLAYR said:

If it has better specs then a raspberry pi then possibly, because people have run mc servers off of an RPi.

RPi runs off of an arm cpu and can run a mc server, so is it an issue with the os compatability?

Yes, come to think of it you can install ubuntu on your phone and do it that way.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.