6700k with GTX 1080...

Go to solution Solved by Imakuni,

Yes, the 6700k will keep up just fine. If anything, it'll perform even better.

Just wait a little bit for the board partner variations. Don't fall into the FE trap that Nvidia setup.

Ok guys there are benchmarks now so no rude comments like "i dunno maybe ill try to look in the future and tell you"...im only looking for estimates not an answer but a ensurement that i will be ok with this set up or not..now my question is..will the intel core i7 6700k beable to keep up with the 1080?..all the benchmarks seem to be high end 2011 sockets and i have no idea how the 6700k will perform..

Just wait a little bit for the board partner variations. Don't fall into the FE trap that Nvidia setup.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

1 minute ago, Imakuni said:

Uhh i understood your answer and thanks? but what is the FE trap or board partners? (im new)

2 minutes ago, BlueLightning said:

Uhh i understood your answer and thanks? but what is the FE trap or board partners? (im new)

FE Trap is a joke with Nvidia cashin in 100 extra dollars over the dumb people that can't wait for the custom cooler variants. If you deliberately pay 100$ more to get a worse product, you are dumb and deserve to be fooled.

As I said, just wait for Gigabyte, Asus, MSI, etc. to release their custom coolers. Not only they'll perform better, they'll also sell for cheaper.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

1 minute ago, Imakuni said:

FE Trap is a joke with Nvidia cashin in 100 extra dollars over the dumb people that can't wait for the custom cooler variants. If you deliberately pay 100$ more to get a worse product, you are dumb and deserve to be fooled.

As I said, just wait for Gigabyte, Asus, MSI, etc. to release their custom coolers. Not only they'll perform better, they'll also sell for cheaper.

Lol ah ok?? thanks

3 minutes ago, GetShrektMrKrabs said:

Means Founder's Edition btw Blue

Lol oh yeah ?? sorry forgot..*cough cough*...reference?