What backup programs do you guys use?

wpirobotbuilder

I use SyncBack, and it's a fantastic piece of software. The free version allows you to create backup, mirror, and syncronized folder profiles, and the pro version adds even more. Plus everything is very customizable, especially for scheduling profile runs.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

i still haven't decided what to use on all the systems in my house, currently testing syncback, acronis, and novastor, im using VM's to test them before im going to install it on every system

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

I use acronis for all my stuff, and have for the past 5 or so years. Great software. Tried novastor....hated it

I use Rsync. It's a pretty good Linux tool that I've been using for a while and it's never let me down.

I use nothing. I have nothing of real importance stored anywhere on anything.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

crashplan, mainly cause of that I got an external harddrive on 3tb and windows, for some reason refuses to backup via the built in back up program. But it's actually really good and has lots of functions. You can back up to your friends computer for example, which Linus talked about in the latest show with Josh from Fractial and I think they meant Crashplan. Not sure though.

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

Crashplan, mainly cause of that I got an external harddrive on 3tb and windows, for some reason refuses to backup via the built in back up program. But it's actually really good and has lots of functions. You can back up to your friends computer for example, which Linus talked about in the latest show with Josh from Fractial and I think they meant Crashplan. Not sure though.

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

I made a batch which copies certain folders to a NAS and once every week the most important files to my skydrive folder, since I have 25gb there because I signed up for the beta. Using this and windows task planner there is nothing running in the background so that increases boot times and makes my system faster overall because an i3 2100 is not as fast as I want.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

On my computers, there is nothing to back up. Everything other than OS and software is located on my home server.
but surely your home server has a backup?

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking