Corsair CX750M Heat Tolerance?

Khajiit Dealer

My room doesn't have a window and I leave the door open 24/7. I want to have the ability to close the door but I'm worried about overheating my computer. The room typically ranges from 22-27C but with the door closed it gets to around 35C+. With my PSU, could I do this without worrying about my computer breaking? Thanks. 

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

Get a better PSU if you're concerned.

CX PSU's are known for being hot garbage, everyone has them for some reason despite them being overpriced and outperformed at better prices by most of their competitors.

I believe thats a cx grey, which is decent (tohugh overpriced) and is rated up to 40°C while cx greens are crap and only rated for 30°C

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

4 minutes ago, DrM said:

while cx greens are crap and only rated for 30°C

Which is hilarious, they're exceeding their limits if they're unplugged and sitting on the fucking floor in many households lol.

13 minutes ago, MrZany said:

My room doesn't have a window and I leave the door open 24/7. I want to have the ability to close the door but I'm worried about overheating my computer. The room typically ranges from 22-27C but with the door closed it gets to around 35C+. With my PSU, could I do this without worrying about my computer breaking? Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, DrM said:

I believe thats a cx grey, which is decent (tohugh overpriced) and is rated up to 40°C while cx greens are crap and only rated for 30°C

CX750s have two versions - an old with green sticker and a new with grey sticker. The new one will be fine up to 40C ambient but the old one will turn itself off under load if ambient temperature comes even close to 30 degrees.

If you have a green, consider upgrading the PSU - choosing a modular one will make it much easier to manage cables and swap it out if need be.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

i believe it should be fine as sometimes people are using it to intake hot air exhausted by the gpu and the rest of the system

for the lowest possibility of overheating of your psu, try having it have it's own air flow path, drawing fresh air from the outside and exhausting it out

and make sure the intake is not blocked by carpet or anything of the sort, dust filters are fine and recommended

of course, only if your case supports this feature

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

The CX 750M is better than the rest of the CX's, it is a rebrand of the old GS series.

It should be fine.