Adobe Flash "ban"

Google recently announced a "ban" on flash, which involves enabling click to play on most flash content except for common sites with Flash. For the programmers out there who use Flash to reach your users, how do you think this will change the internet landscape? And what is your opinion on it? Do you think it is a push in the good direction or do you think it is an unnecessary and useless step? For the security people, do you think this will create a problem or solve one? More info on the "ban" can be found here.

˙ǝɯᴉʇ ɹnoʎ ƃuᴉʇsɐʍ ǝɹɐ noʎ 'sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ oʇ ƃuᴉʎɹʇ ǝɹɐ noʎ ɟI

well ya know... flash is pretty much useless, it will die eventually, its not the future. all the problems with that software... its a piece of shit and good thing we are getting rid of it, replace it with something better if necessary. i don't even have java or flash player installed these days, i don't use them. i think chrome has integrated java but still...

+ apple made their choice about flash a long time ago

This was to be expected really. Flash causes more problems than it solves. I think this will help move outdated companies towards the future which is a good thing in the long run.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

Flash - security issues, no iOS compatibility, I'm pretty sure the latter flat-out killed it already

Most of what people were doing with Flash was implemented natively in HTML5, not that big of a deal

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

16 hours ago, VulsaviiK said:

Flash - security issues, no iOS compatibility, I'm pretty sure the latter flat-out killed it already

Most of what people were doing with Flash was implemented natively in HTML5, not that big of a deal

not limited to iOS, android and Linux don't either. the support for Linux was dropped in 2013 i believe the only way to really get it is in chrome.

Last year i did a unit called computer interaction and we had to make an interactive map of an airport. you know the type show me shops, where check in is and the like.

we had to do it in flash which i had never used and the whole time i was thinking i could quicker in html and javasctipt. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

All the quotes I've seen from Adobe (along with the fact that Flash is no longer included in the Creative Cloud applications) makes me believe that even they're done with it.

Just a matter of keeping it on life support until everyone finally moves on.