VPN for my friends?

Noyu
Go to solution Solved by Noyu,

Nevermind. Found a very cheap VPN here

TL;DR So I am a 100% noob regarding this. BUT, is there some way I can setup a sort-of-tunnel for my friends so that they can connect with better pings to a server?

Current - Friends ISP > Game Server

Proposed - Friends ISP > My Network > My ISP > Game Server

Long Story:

1.) We're playing Tree of Savior at [SEA] Telsiai. Server is located at SG. We have different ISPs. I'm on ISP S** and the 4 of them are on P***

2.) Their ISP has terribad routing to the server. When they check the in-game ping they're averaging at 300ms on a good day, and can go as high as 1s. Mine is 150ms and only goes as high as 400ms.

Is there some sort of way they can ride on my connection? This seems like a complicated solution to a problem, but I'm willing to learn.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.

I already have a DDNS setup (used it for a TS server)

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

1 hour ago, Noyu said:

TL;DR So I am a 100% noob regarding this. BUT, is there some way I can setup a sort-of-tunnel for my friends so that they can connect with better pings to a server?

Current - Friends ISP > Game Server

Proposed - Friends ISP > My Network > My ISP > Game Server

Long Story:

1.) We're playing Tree of Savior at [SEA] Telsiai. Server is located at SG. We have different ISPs. I'm on ISP S** and the 4 of them are on P***

2.) Their ISP has terribad routing to the server. When they check the in-game ping they're averaging at 300ms on a good day, and can go as high as 1s. Mine is 150ms and only goes as high as 400ms.

Is there some sort of way they can ride on my connection? This seems like a complicated solution to a problem, but I'm willing to learn.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.

I already have a DDNS setup (used it for a TS server)

This is add ping time. Because it first has to get to you and then the servers. You are adding another stage and way more nodes. It is not worth it. Specialty depending on your upload speed too.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

1 hour ago, mcraftax said:

This is add ping time. Because it first has to get to you and then the servers. You are adding another stage and way more nodes. It is not worth it. Specialty depending on your upload speed too.

But in this case, they will only need to tunnel to me, and the route from my ISP to another server will do the rest.

Their ISP's routing is terribad. They have better pings on American servers.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

25 minutes ago, Noyu said:

But in this case, they will only need to tunnel to me, and the route from my ISP to another server will do the rest.

Their ISP's routing is terribad. They have better pings on American servers.

but the tunnel still have to go though their isp.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

9 hours ago, mcraftax said:

but the tunnel still have to go though their isp.

You don't get it, me and my friends are "local". So their ISP's routing to my network is not so bad as compared to their routing to servers abroad.

So, as far as I understand, my ping to the game server + their ping to my "server" + some allowance will be their total ping in game, which AFAIK, will be much lower than 1s.

Karamo

Spoiler

Nevermind. Found a very cheap VPN here

Karamo

Spoiler