Are you guys having a coil whine problem with your actual GPU?

happyleonardo14

I'm asking this question because I'm experiencing the same problem with my GPU and I want to know how frequently this happens and does this issue bothers you or you guys are ok with it?

1 minute ago, happyleonardo14 said:

I'm asking this question because I'm experiencing the same problem with my GPU and I want to know how frequently this happens and does this issue bothers you or you guys are ok with it?

I've got it, and I don't mind. My headphone blocks high pitch noises, I literally can't hear it. And even when I'm not wearing them, it's still not that bad, you forget it after a few seconds.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Coil whine happens. I originally had a bit when I first got my R9 390x and it made me want to scream, but I just spent some time changing my build airflow and I couldn't hear it anymore. It's pretty common for people to get it due to PSUs too, but thankfully mine wasn't because of that, I think it was just because I was going for a negative airflow setup.

CPU i5 4670k
 Motherboard MSI Z87 MPOWER 
RAM DDR3, 16GB

GPU XFX R9 390x

Case Raidmax Vampire (Soon to be MasterCase Pro 5)

Storage WD10EZEX-00KUWA0

PSU EVGA 220-G2-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W

Display(s) LG 29UM67 (Ultrawide 29in)

Keyboard HAVIT HV-KB380L

Mouse Redragon Perdition

Sound Extremely old, deliciously sexy Harman Kardons

Operating System W10, VMs of El Capitan, W7, WXP, and Unix

4 minutes ago, happyleonardo14 said:

I had it constantly with my r9 280 but with my gtx 980 ti I haven't had that issue. First I recommend using folding at home to reduce the coil whine. I don't know how it works but it helped me a ton. if you hear any other recommendations please follow them people here know there stuff

I feel like "coil whine" is actually mass hysteria when I read some of the remedies people have posted, lol.

2 minutes ago, ch0g0nda said:

I feel like "coil whine" is actually mass hysteria when I read some of the remedies people have posted, lol.

lol.

I have the issue when I go over 120 fps or so, so the simple fix is using fps caps.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

My 750Ti has it, it's not too loud, only a little louder than the fan that is on it, with game audio, I can usually forget it's there.

I feel so lucky that I've never had any issue with coil whine.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

No issues with my 980 gtx ti MSI golden Edition 6G.