Siberia v2 VS Astro a40?

Fredrikmikael
Go to solution Solved by ThatSweetGamer,

I own a pair of astro A30 (2010) and Astro A40 (2013) and I have to say that they are amazing, I love them both so much. The A30's aren't that durable, mine broke because I grabbed mine from the head of my bed and they cought on the head rest and broke. So I'd be carful if you bought a pair.

Hello, i have allways been a big fan of the Siberia v2 and have gone trough about 3 of them over the years, but this time i was thinking of trying something new and i looked around and saw the Astro A40, it looks pretty solid and comfy but i have no experience with it so i was hoping i could get some help in picking from you guys.

I am not looking for "most bang for the buck" just wich of those are the best.. or if there is a better headset in the same price range.

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

A40's for sure, that's why they're over double of a new set of V2's for the price of a used pair of A40s.  :huh:

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

I own a pair of astro A30 (2010) and Astro A40 (2013) and I have to say that they are amazing, I love them both so much. The A30's aren't that durable, mine broke because I grabbed mine from the head of my bed and they cought on the head rest and broke. So I'd be carful if you bought a pair.

The price range is very different basically, what is your budget and use scenario?

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

The price range is very different basically, what is your budget and use scenario?

FPS games and games in general, some music on the side.

budget wise i do not want to go over the price of the A40's

hard to say a budget spesificly since i live in norway and the prices are different.

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

Neither. Buy a pair of headphones and a clip on mic. Neither of those headsets will be good for music (or any headset).

I'll let you take this, I'm going to bed.  :rolleyes:

Neither. Buy a pair of headphones and a clip on mic. Neither of those headsets will be good for music (or any headset).

Both of my Astro's are amazing with music. I doubt you have even owned a pair.

To OP: pick up a zalman clip on mic, they're about $10. Use the rest of your budget to pick up a nice pair of headphones.

Being that I don't know your budget, pick up k240's for under $100, and ad700x for over $100.

I would say buy something like Sennheiser 555s or 558s or Audio Technica ATH-M50s and buy a mod mic or a blue snowball.   

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558