Final build look over. Any Suggestions?

S7117
Go to solution Solved by thekeemo,
1 minute ago, S7117 said:

True... what would you do for about the same price point?

Get something from MSI

Like the PC mate

Building for a friend. His budget was about $500. So this is what I think we are going with:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nmgmf7

Note: I am selling him the case and the GPU. Also getting windows through kinguin.net unless you have any better suggestions.

I know this is kind of the second time posting this I am just doing one final check.

Thanks in advance.

| Ryzen 9 3950X | EVGA 1200P2 | AMD 5700XT | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi | G. Skill 4x16GB 3600Mhz CL16 F4-3600C16D-32GTZN | 2x1TB Samsung 980 Pro | Lian Li O11 Dynamic |

8 minutes ago, Lordmac14 said:

Looks nice.

The only thing - is that PSU overkill?

Good for upgrading in the future

Asus and Sapphire arent the best when it comes to warranty though

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just now, thekeemo said:

Good for upgrading in the future

Asus and Sapphire arent the best when it comes to warranty though

I think the sapphire is already out of warranty. I am just selling it to him because I'm upgrading and he is building his first PC. Asus... eh... just tried to get the price down. I highly double he will be one to ever overclock if he were ever to get a K series cpu.

| Ryzen 9 3950X | EVGA 1200P2 | AMD 5700XT | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi | G. Skill 4x16GB 3600Mhz CL16 F4-3600C16D-32GTZN | 2x1TB Samsung 980 Pro | Lian Li O11 Dynamic |

I think the sapphire is already out of warranty. I am just selling it to him because I'm upgrading and he is building his first PC. Asus... eh... just tried to get the price down. I highly double he will be one to ever overclock if he were ever to get a K series cpu.

Overclocking isnt the issue warranty is

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

Overclocking isnt the issue warranty is

Get something from MSI

Like the PC mate

2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Get something from MSI

Like the PC mate

Ok got it thanks.

1 hour ago, S7117 said:

Ok got it thanks.

Just grab a mobo with 4 DIMMS if future upgradability is your concern, like a MSI B150M Night Elf (cheaper and looks more appealing with the LEDs). Then grab 2x8 16GB RAM and you're golden.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270F Gaming | Cooler: Cryorig H7 | RAM: GSkill Ripjaws V 8GB 2x4 3200 MHz | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | PSU: Seasonic G-550w 80+ Gold Certified, Semi Modular | Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | Case: NZXT S340 Elite (Black/Red) | Monitor: BenQ XL2411 144hz | Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Silent | Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB

I'd like to make a Chemistry joke, but all the good ones ARGON. *nudgenudge *winkwink