Trying to instal CentOS. Its not working.. HELP

I am trying to instal CentOS 6.7 onto an PC that I'm not currently using. It'll let me into the installer but when I get to the point where it has me select which drive I want to install on it'll start "installing" then tell me that the install image cannot be found.

I have tried different versions of CentOS as well as the netinstall, DVD iso types

What do I need to do to get it installed?

Try a USB flash drive. Often, you need multiple disks to install CentOS and a USB drive is most reliable. Use a program like rufus to write the iso image.

Good luck!

I'm a blogger, student, and developer. I love re-purposing old hardware such as PCs, routers, and phones. 

3 minutes ago, Ben Potter said:

Try a USB flash drive. Often, you need multiple disks to install CentOS and a USB drive is most reliable. Use a program like rufus to write the iso image.

Good luck!

I'm on a mac... will UNetBootin work?

9 minutes ago, Tune_78 said:

I'm on a mac... will UNetBootin work?

Yep!

I'm a blogger, student, and developer. I love re-purposing old hardware such as PCs, routers, and phones. 

4 hours ago, Ben Potter said:

Yep!

So, what is do I need to do to get the installer to work? Why isn't the OS image being detected?

(I've searched for ways to instal this OS and have not found a good answer and am final resorting to this forum)

On 5/16/2016 at 6:30 PM, Tune_78 said:

So, what is do I need to do to get the installer to work? Why isn't the OS image being detected?

(I've searched for ways to instal this OS and have not found a good answer and am final resorting to this forum)

It did not work with a USB stick as well?

12 hours ago, Ben Potter said:

It did not work with a USB stick as well?

Nope. I select the only drive that has the installer on it. I then run through the CentOS installer to the point where it asks me where i want to install the OS to. I select my inter HHD, it says it's writing files to the drive then it says that it cannot find the install image#1 that it needs. It tells me to find the drive that has that image on it and try again.

I've tried simply putting the osi on the usb stick with the rest of the installer then running through the gui but still no luck

2 hours ago, Tune_78 said:

Nope. I select the only drive that has the installer on it. I then run through the CentOS installer to the point where it asks me where i want to install the OS to. I select my inter HHD, it says it's writing files to the drive then it says that it cannot find the install image#1 that it needs. It tells me to find the drive that has that image on it and try again.

I've tried simply putting the osi on the usb stick with the rest of the installer then running through the gui but still no luck

Do you use network or full install?

6 minutes ago, Ben Potter said:

Do you use network or full install?

I have tried network and DVD iso

Just now, Tune_78 said:

I have tried network and DVD iso

Could you possibly use another PC to install CentOS to the hard drive, then transfer the hard drive over to the correct PC? It may be a motherboard issue...

3 minutes ago, Ben Potter said:

Could you possibly use another PC to install CentOS to the hard drive, then transfer the hard drive over to the correct PC? It may be a motherboard issue...

How would I do that?

6 minutes ago, Tune_78 said:

How would I do that?

Nevermind, but I would suggest maybe another OS like Ubuntu Server if no CentOS images are working. I was suggesting you install CentOS on your PC's hard drive by putting it in another PC, then putting it back when it's been installed.

1 minute ago, Ben Potter said:

Nevermind, but I would suggest maybe another OS like Ubuntu Server if no CentOS images are working. I was suggesting you install CentOS on your PC's hard drive by putting it in another PC, then putting it back when it's been installed.

ok, gotcha. I am currently trying that. If all else fails I will try a different OS! Does Ubuntu have a UI? I mean I could learn to use a CLI but if I don't have to that'd be nice

CentOS is a server OS, it's aimed at webdevelopers and server and shouldn't be used as a daily driver. (read: https://www.centos.org/about/ "The CentOS Project") also even if it's your intent to use it as a server please do not use it yet, they're completely redesigning it and renaming things now so you'll basically have to learn it all over again in a few months.

You should definitely go for Ubuntu or Mint or even Manjaro, most distro's nowadays come with a GUI (except for the odd one out like Arch and server distro's) .

Als if you're new to linux read this topic: 

CPU: Intel i5-3470

GPU: MSI GTX 780

3 hours ago, KaasKop said:

CentOS is a server OS, it's aimed at webdevelopers and server and shouldn't be used as a daily driver. (read: https://www.centos.org/about/ "The CentOS Project") also even if it's your intent to use it as a server please do not use it yet, they're completely redesigning it and renaming things now so you'll basically have to learn it all over again in a few months.

You should definitely go for Ubuntu or Mint or even Manjaro, most distro's nowadays come with a GUI (except for the odd one out like Arch and server distro's) .

Als if you're new to linux read this topic: 

Ok I'll look at some others. I am wanting to host a MC server

On 5/18/2016 at 5:10 AM, Tune_78 said:

Ok I'll look at some others. I am wanting to host a MC server

For hosting a Minecraft server, the best option would actually be CentOS or Ubuntu Server with Multicraft or McMyAdmin. Both of those OS do not have an UI, but even if you did, you'd be in a terminal to set up Multicraft anyways as it is all done in the command line.