Cant play full screen any more?

matto97

Ok so since the last Nvidia driver update i cant play full screen any more, if i open a full screen game the screen goes black and the screen software its self displays " Input Not Support "
I rolled back to the last drivers and it still happens, how would i fix this or find out why this is happening?
My monitor is a BenQ VZ2350, the first pic is hard to make out but its just showing the whole screen.

4f0754e63b.jpg

46f1e375df.jpg

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

do you have different monitors to test. Problems I could think of off my head is it might be sending too many pixels eg 1920 x1090 or the wrong information per pixel. Check the nvidia control panel and maybe try a clean install. I dont think a driver rollback resets the nvidia settings. also safe mode and driver uninstall?

1 minute ago, kris2340k said:

do you have different monitors to test. Problems I could think of off my head is it might be sending too many pixels eg 1920 x1090 or the wrong information per pixel. Check the nvidia control panel and maybe try a clean install. I dont think a driver rollback resets the nvidia settings. also safe mode and driver uninstall?

Yeah i did a clean install of the drivers, no other monitors to try it with. But one thing i have noticed is my monitor used to be 59.94Hz but now it shows up as 60Hz

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

try making a custom mode for it? I havent touched this much other than using it for a few graphical programs. Try experimenting with the options in the attached images. If you cannot find them let me know?

edit: be careful with the options in the first image. I dont know much about them and expect some of them can break things. I suggest messing with options in the second pic first

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

try making a custom mode for it? I havent touched this much other than using it for a few graphical programs. Try experimenting with the options in the attached images. If you cannot find them let me know?

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Nope its grayed out for me, cant make a custom resolution.

1 minute ago, matto97 said:

Nope its grayed out for me, cant make a custom resolution.

Uh yeah there was something else you have to do to ungrey it but I cannot remember :/ You might have to google that one but yeah be careful. Sorry I cant find it for you right now supposed to be revising for monday exam lol

Just now, kris2340k said:

Uh yeah there was something else you have to do to ungrey it but I cannot remember :/ You might have to google that one but yeah be careful. Sorry I cant find it for you right now supposed to be revising for monday exam lol

Its all g man, il do some more digging online and maybe contact Nvidia or something maybe

@kris2340k i think i found out what may be causing my problem, in safe mode it says my Screen refresh rate is 64 Hertz, which my monitor shouldnt be able to do.
But thats the only display setting its got.
 236bf6dd2e.png

2 hours ago, matto97 said:

@kris2340k i think i found out what may be causing my problem, in safe mode it says my Screen refresh rate is 64 Hertz, which my monitor shouldnt be able to do.
But thats the only display setting its got.
 236bf6dd2e.png

Uninstalled using DDU?

It's not a race to the bottom.

Unstall with DDU and reinstall latest Driver. 99% Chance this will solve the Problem.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

@Praesi @0x1e yes i have done that

Edit- Ok so i tried again but now in windows it says my refresh rate is 64Hertz, downloading drivers now so will tell you guys how it goes.

Ok good news i got it all working :D

After DDUing the drivers for a second time, re installing then once installed going in to Nvidia control panel and making custom resolutions for each monitor at 64Hertz
Then re enabling Surround it all works, and i guess i gained another 4 FPS out of it :P

But the biggest question is why has a driver update changed the hertz of my monitor lol

1 hour ago, matto97 said:

After DDUing the drivers for a second time, re installing then once installed going in to Nvidia control panel and making custom resolutions for each monitor at 64Hertz
Then re enabling Surround it all works, and i guess i gained another 4 FPS out of it :P

But the biggest question is why has a driver update changed the hertz of my monitor lol

Dont ask "why" in case of Driver Issues. :p. Gratz for the 4 extra FPS.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

Dont ask "why" in case of Driver Issues. :p. Gratz for the 4 extra FPS.

Yeah just go with it :P

On 5/15/2016 at 3:14 AM, matto97 said:

What is a DDU?

What is a DDU?

Display Driver Uninstaller