Windows Vista Home Premium x64 ISO?

Go to solution Solved by RZeroX,
21 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Hello,

I've got a spare Vista box but it only comes with a 32bit disc. I would like to install the 64bit version on my laptop though but can't seem to find any downloads or information for it. May I ask if someone could point me in the right direction on obtaining a 64bit version of Windows Vista Home Premium and how I would go about burning and installing it (should I need specific steps)?

Thanks!

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-burn-downloaded-windows-vista-to-dvd/

Hello,

I've got a spare Vista box but it only comes with a 32bit disc. I would like to install the 64bit version on my laptop though but can't seem to find any downloads or information for it. May I ask if someone could point me in the right direction on obtaining a 64bit version of Windows Vista Home Premium and how I would go about burning and installing it (should I need specific steps)?

Thanks!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

21 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Hello,

Thanks!

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-burn-downloaded-windows-vista-to-dvd/

4 minutes ago, RZeroX said:

Thanks!

I'll try it now. Hopefully the files are still there and whatnot. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

37 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

how old is the laptop? vista is a bit of a pig when it comes to memory usage.

Not as much as Windows 7.....and I should know after comparing Vista Ultimate x64 to Windows 7 and 10 x64 on my desktop.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

5 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Not as much as Windows 7.....and I should know after comparing Vista Ultimate x64 to Windows 7 and 10 x64 on my desktop.

probs downloading windows 10 and saving it on the ram in the background hue

I don't know how old the laptop is, but it is an Aspire 7560-Sb416.

The install went great but I don't have any drivers for the wireless or ethernet, so I'm stuck.

EDIT

Alright, this is for anyone looking to do what I am doing. If you can't find Vista drivers, try Win7 drivers. I did and it worked great. If someone has this laptop and looking to do the same thing, here is a zip I made with the drivers:

http://www.filedropper.com/driversvistahomepremiumx64drivers

And here are some updates you will need to get by the "Checking for Updates" freeze. All of them together was the only way I could get it to proceed. The wait was still a bit (four hours) but it beat 10 hours I left it there with no progress at all:

Windows Vista 2016 Update Files.zip

And here is an alternative to download an already made ISO for x64 Vista Home Premium:

http://getintopc.com/softwares/operating-systems/windows-vista-home-premium-download-iso-32-bit-64-bit/

(one of the files from the above link was taking hours so I used the above with Imgburn at speed 8.)

EDIT 2

If anyone is looking to install Vista on this exact laptop: don't bother unless you are super desperate. This thing eats memory like no other. Almost everything is impossible, even playing Spotify. Ubuntu or any Linux distro will be like stepping a thousand years into the future in comparison.