S7 Screen Replacement

TAHIRMIA

I bought a S7 with a cracked screen off ebay and I bought a new screen for it. I bought it as I thought that iFixit would have a screen replacement guide but unfortunately they don't:( Is there anywhere that has a screen replacement guide. Preferably written in the style of iFixit.

Thanks in advance!:D

Hello

2 minutes ago, Enviousx said:

They're currently working on the guide over here https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Galaxy+S7+Edge+Screen+Assembly+Replacement/56603

From iFixit - They've got the teardown video surely if you do that backwards you can take something from that? ;)

This is the normal S7, would it be the same?

They normally say that their tear downs are not meant for the device to be put back together.

Hello

2 hours ago, TAHIRMIA said:

This is the normal S7, would it be the same?

They normally say that their tear downs are not meant for the device to be put back together.

I haven't really looked into the tear down procedure of the S7 / S7 Edge, so sorry about that part, should have checked before posting the link.

I doubt that the S7 and the S7 Edge would be the same as they have different batteries inside of them, not sure if everything would be the same internally, such as the board and other components etc.

Depends, it's worth the try if you can't get it replaced for cheap or you'll just have to wait or either pay the extortionate amount that some places charge to get it fixed.

IT Student | Gamer | PC Enthusiast | Life Liver

1 minute ago, Enviousx said:

I haven't really looked into the tear down procedure of the S7 / S7 Edge, so sorry about that part, should have checked before posting the link.

I doubt that the S7 and the S7 Edge would be the same as they have different batteries inside of them, not sure if everything would be the same internally, such as the board and other components etc.

Depends, it's worth the try if you can't get it replaced for cheap or you'll just have to wait or either pay the extortionate amount that some places charge to get it fixed.

How different do you think it would be?

Hello

Just now, TAHIRMIA said:

How different do you think it would be?

I know the screen size and battery is different in the S7 vs the S7 Edge.

So I'm not really sure.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S7,Samsung-Galaxy-S7-edge/phones/9817,9818 - the specs of the phone have been listed here and it doesn't seem to different, so depends really.

I'd look at the video and decide what I'd do personally, If I felt comfortable plugging in a cable / removing some screws to get at it etc, I'd probably go for it myself.

But as it's the edge, there might be some sort of technology they're using towards the edges of the glass, I've never looked into this but it's a suspicion of mine.

2 minutes ago, Enviousx said:

I know the screen size and battery is different in the S7 vs the S7 Edge.

So I'm not really sure.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S7,Samsung-Galaxy-S7-edge/phones/9817,9818 - the specs of the phone have been listed here and it doesn't seem to different, so depends really.

I'd look at the video and decide what I'd do personally, If I felt comfortable plugging in a cable / removing some screws to get at it etc, I'd probably go for it myself.

But as it's the edge, there might be some sort of technology they're using towards the edges of the glass, I've never looked into this but it's a suspicion of mine.

Its the normal s7..IK it has a smaller screen than the edge. but would most of the procedure be the same?

Hello

3 minutes ago, TAHIRMIA said:

Its the normal s7..IK it has a smaller screen than the edge. but would most of the procedure be the same?

Most likely, I imagine it'd just be a cable that you'd have to push down into place and make sure it was positioned correctly. The same with taking some screws out of the metal plate behind the screen (if there is one, I know alot of other devices have this).

Last phone screen I replaced was the Blackberry Curve 8520 so it's been a while since I've done any major replacements on a mobile device, I just run a case on my devices now.

1 minute ago, Enviousx said:

Most likely, I imagine it'd just be a cable that you'd have to push down into place and make sure it was positioned correctly. The same with taking some screws out of the metal plate behind the screen (if there is one, I know alot of other devices have this).

Last phone screen I replaced was the Blackberry Curve 8520 so it's been a while since I've done any major replacements on a mobile device, I just run a case on my devices now.

OK

Hello

Im pretty sure the S7 is water sealed. As such, its probably not a good idea to replace the screen yourself unless you dont care about the IPX rating