Good cpu cooler!

Chewique

I need a good cpu cooler for my new build! http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/bgdGBm

I would like to keep it under £1000 so please go bang for your buck!

MY RIG

I5 6600k

16gb Corsair vengeance 2666mhz

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

OK. I went £5 over budget but I think the Hyper 212 EVO is very good bang for you buck http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2DCZBm

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB

Hyper 212 Evo, best bang-per-buck, all day everyday, all holes.

not overclocking: hyper 212

mild OC: cryorig h7

heavy oc: dark rock (Pro) 3, NH-D15 (165mm, so it wont fit your case(161mm)), h100i gtx, or kraken x61 (i dont think it has 280mm spot for rad)

well im giving you options, seeing how you have an oc chip and board, i would get the dark rock 3 or something else if you'd want to change your case

even if it means going over the budget tbh, no point buying an oc chip and staying stock speed `-`

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

The beQuiet! Pure Rock.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

12 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

heavy oc: dark rock (Pro) 3, NH-D15 (165mm, so it wont fit your case(161mm)), h100i gtx, or kraken x61 (i dont think it has 280mm spot for rad)

well im giving you options, seeing how you have an oc chip and board, i would get the dark rock 3 or something else if you'd want to change your case

even if it means going over the budget tbh, no point buying an oc chip and staying stock speed `-`

I oc'ed the hell out of my 4790k with the 212 evo before I switched to water

4 hours ago, PokeCatz said:

OK. I went £5 over budget but I think the Hyper 212 EVO is very good bang for you buck http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2DCZBm

4 hours ago, WereCat said:
4 hours ago, positivePXL said:

Hyper 212 Evo, best bang-per-buck, all day everyday, all holes.

The Pure Rock is better and cheaper: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk009

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, positivePXL said:

I call BS, that one is still more expensive.

Did you just ignore the prices?

4444855091b6bc54a9df86ee554db27a.pngc6a437f2f0389f044a5feded95666b5d.png

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 5/11/2016 at 9:15 AM, Moonzy said:

H7 is bleh for OC.

43 minutes ago, HowManySmall said:

H7 is bleh for OC.

thats why mild :P

23 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

thats why mild :P

Is there a reason the H7 wouldn't be good more than a mild OC?

I don't currently have my 6700K overclocked but if I do I'm planning to get a H7 because I heard it was easier to install than a 212 EVO and doesn't block your RAM slots as much if at all.

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Is there a reason the H7 wouldn't be good more than a mild OC?

I don't currently have my 6700K overclocked but if I do I'm planning to get a H7 because I heard it was easier to install than a 212 EVO and doesn't block your RAM slots as much if at all.

you can go high oc if your cpu allows it, but high voltage might run your cpu hotter than you'd like if you're using the H7

i recommend much beefier cooler if you wanna overvolt your cpu a lot

but if your cpu cant go high clock speed anyway even with high volt, then the h7 is fine

If you're not overclocking your CPU a Cryorig C7 is s good choice.   I put one on my stock speed 6700K and it seems to working well so far.  At least a little better than a stock Intel CPU cooler.

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

you can go high oc if your cpu allows it, but high voltage might run your cpu hotter than you'd like if you're using the H7

i recommend much beefier cooler if you wanna overvolt your cpu a lot

but if your cpu cant go high clock speed anyway even with high volt, then the h7 is fine

I've only recently started to get into stuff like building my own PC and upgrading it so I know very little about most PC related stuff like adjusting RAM speed and I know absolutely nothing about overclocking which I partly why I haven't tried to even though I have a K CPU.  My computer was originally a prebuilt that I bought before I worked up the nerve to tried swapping out parts and reinstalling Windows on an SSD all by myself.  This desktop was supposed to have a 6700 in it but I apparently got lucky and it had a 6700K in it when I turned it on.  So I've been a little afraid to risk damaging my good fortune.  

I know enough now to build a PC but not much more.  I'm hoping to learn if I can figure out who/where on the Internet to ask for help/info and maybe some good books about PC troubleshooting/repair/and adjustment of things like RAM/CPU/GPU.

7 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I've only recently started to get into stuff like building my own PC and upgrading it so I know very little about most PC related stuff like adjusting RAM speed and I know absolutely nothing about overclocking which I partly why I haven't tried to even though I have a K CPU.  My computer was originally a prebuilt that I bought before I worked up the nerve to tried swapping out parts and reinstalling Windows on an SSD all by myself.  This desktop was supposed to have a 6700 in it but I apparently got lucky and it had a 6700K in it when I turned it on.  So I've been a little afraid to risk damaging my good fortune.  

I know enough now to build a PC but not much more.  I'm hoping to learn if I can figure out who/where on the Internet to ask for help/info and maybe some good books about PC troubleshooting/repair/and adjustment of things like RAM/CPU/GPU.

in addition to a K series cpu, you'll need a z170 chipset motherboard to overclock a skylake CPU (your 6700K)

so... yea

if you wish to learn about cpu overclocking, im afraid im not the best person to consult as i have never oc-ed a cpu before :D

you can make a thread about it though, asking questions and people that are familiar will answer your questions ;)

22 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

in addition to a K series cpu, you'll need a z170 chipset motherboard to overclock a skylake CPU (your 6700K)

so... yea

if you wish to learn about cpu overclocking, im afraid im not the best person to consult as i have never oc-ed a cpu before :D

you can make a thread about it though, asking questions and people that are familiar will answer your questions ;)

I have a Z170 mb actually.  One thing I'd upgraded was the motherboard to a Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7.  (Because I like to save money and not buy things that look cool but that I may have less use for than would make it 100% worth buying. lol)  A Z170 board was recommended to me since I have 6700K and was considering OCing it before I decide to hold off on that.  The Gaming 7 is highly rated on Amazon and seemed like one of the better Z170 boards in a comparison I found.  It even matches my white NZXT Phantom 240 case.  ?  So that's how I ended up with it.

I'll definitely do that and ask for help here if I ever decide to oc my 6700K.  For now it seems to work great at stock speed so I'm not too worried about messing with it.