Nvidia Pascal plans?

dominic860
Go to solution Solved by Aytex,

Yes there is going to be a pascal family

1060 should release first, then the higher cards, then the TI's (compareing to maxwell's)

Does anybody know if Nvidia is going to release more graphics card under the Pascal name other than the 1080/1070?

I do not have a lot of funds, and am wondering if there will be a new graphics card around the same price as the gtx 960 ($200-250)

Yes they will, but we don't know when yet . 

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

At some point, sure. Just hold onto your 9xx card. It's not like it's performing worse. 

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

6 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Yes there is going to be a pascal family

1060 should release first, then the higher cards, then the TI's (compareing to maxwell's)

14 minutes ago, dominic860 said:

Does anybody know if Nvidia is going to release more graphics card under the Pascal name other than the 1080/1070?

I do not have a lot of funds, and am wondering if there will be a new graphics card around the same price as the gtx 960 ($200-250)

There's always a range of cards across the price spectrum in each generation, there's no reason to expect it will be different this time.

Last generation the GTX 980 and GTX 970 (GM104) came out first. It took some months before we saw cards based on the derivative chip, GM106, such as the GTX 960 and 950. There may be Ti/SE/LE editions wedged in between if Nvidia needs to fill gaps for competitive reasons.

I don't know why many people think that just because something new is coming out that the previous generation will become completely crap.

That's the typical iphone mentality.

OMG!  Life on earth will end if I don't line up for 2 days to get the newest iphone!