Need a way to code on the go

BgG286

I'm taking AP computer science online, but am pretty short on time at home, so I would like a way to code on the go. I have time in one class at school, but I can't install Java or BlueJ since I don't have admin access. Is there a way to do it on an android phone? Tablet? Or am I limited to having to use an actual x86 computer? 

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

for what do you use it?

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

You can always set you PC at home to be an ssh server and access it wherever you have internet. (Works best in Linux)

There are some apps for Android that allow you to code very basic things but they're not very good.

You can always set you PC at home to be an ssh server and access it wherever you have internet. (Works best in Linux)

+1

If you used a console based text editor (eg. Nano, Vim, Emacs) with connectbot, this would be a very good option. You could leave your home computer on, or use an old one for this purpose only. You could then program in the text editor, and run it on the remote machine as well, and read the output of your program over the ssh connection. That is, if you are actually interested in running the program on the go.

If this is not the case, and you just want to write code, I'd suggest installing a good text editor with syntax highlighting for android, since that does not require a network connection. Vim has a mobile version which highlights syntax. Another option is 920 text editor.

| Operating Systems: Arch Linux  /  Debian Linux  /  Windows 7 | Audio: Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D + AKG Q701 |

| Display: Samsung Syncmaster P2450H | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Black | Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL Brown | Mic: Samson C03U |

| Case: Corsair 600T | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K | GPU: AMD HD7950 | Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro | PSU: Corsair TX850M |

If you have the money I would buy a cheap laptop. But if you don't I think this is the best option :

+1

If you used a console based text editor (eg. Nano, Vim, Emacs) with connectbot, this would be a very good option. You could leave your home computer on, or use an old one for this purpose only. You could then program in the text editor, and run it on the remote machine as well, and read the output of your program over the ssh connection. That is, if you are actually interested in running the program on the go.

If this is not the case, and you just want to write code, I'd suggest installing a good text editor with syntax highlighting for android, since that does not require a network connection. Vim has a mobile version which highlights syntax. Another option is 920 text editor.