Not getting right amount of Credit F@H

Go to solution Solved by Whaler_99,

The other thing to look at is the deadline - when the WU needs to be returned by. Are you typically returning near that time? Meaning you won't getting many, if any, bonus points? Also, you need to complete at least 10 CPU based WU's before you get any bonus points, CPU or GPU based. If you fail too many CPU WU's, more then 10%, you will also disqualify yourself from getting bonus points.

So when i'm folding i get an estimated credit, say "2500", but when i actually complete the WU i don't even get close that estimated credit.

Is this normal? If not is there anything i can do about it?

Thanks

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

So when i'm folding i get an estimated credit, say "2500", but when i actually complete the WU i don't even get close that estimated credit.

Is this normal? If not is there anything i can do about it?

Thanks

Is this CPU or GPU folding? What core was the WU?

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Is this CPU or GPU folding? What core was the WU?

I've tried both and they have the same result. Doesn't seem to matter which core is used. I mainly get given 0xa4 on the CPU and 0x17 on the GPU.

The Terrible HP

Maybe because it fluctuates? Where are you checking it at? some times sites take some time to update properly.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Maybe because it fluctuates? Where are you checking it at? some times sites take some time to update properly.

I'm checking it from the client not the webpage. It does change but only by small amounts

The Terrible HP

could it be that that is for a whole day of doing that WU? if you have a WU that grants you 500 points, and takes 8 hours, it will say you will get 1500 points because thats the points per DAY you would get.

i think this is your problem

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

could it be that that is for a whole day of doing that WU? if you have a WU that grants you 500 points, and takes 8 hours, it will say you will get 1500 points because thats the points per DAY you would get.

i think this is your problem

I'm not sure that's how it works since the section says "selected work unit" where the estimated credit is located.

The Terrible HP

I'm not sure that's how it works since the section says "selected work unit" where the estimated credit is located.

sorry, you didnt really said if it esimated per day or if it said per WU, and seeing how the PPD is shown everywhere, i though you ment that, 

sorry cant help you 

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

sorry, you didnt really said if it esimated per day or if it said per WU, and seeing how the PPD is shown everywhere, i though you ment that, 

sorry cant help you 

No worries, thank's for your suggestion

The Terrible HP

i had the same issue f@h was saying i should be getting 110k ppd but i was only getting about 25k what i did was uninstalled f@h installed it agian and double  checked my name and passkey. i had entered my passkey in wrong so when i fixed it i think it fixed my ppd.

i had the same issue f@h was saying i should be getting 110k ppd but i was only getting about 25k what i did was uninstalled f@h installed it agian and double  checked my name and passkey. i had entered my passkey in wrong so when i fixed it i think it fixed my ppd.

Agree, Sound's like a passkey/username typo issue.

Seen it happen many times and it happens to the best of us.  :)

I have the same problem. In a work unit you have the Base Credit, the Estimated Credit and the Estimated PPD. I never get the Estimated Credit, I only get the Base Credit. I have checked my passkey and it is correct.

I have the same problem. In a work unit you have the Base Credit, the Estimated Credit and the Estimated PPD. I never get the Estimated Credit, I only get the Base Credit. I have checked my passkey and it is correct.

The faster you complete the WU the higher the estimated credit. If your GPU or CPU takes longer to complete the WU the less estimated credit you get.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

The faster you complete the WU the higher the estimated credit. If your GPU or CPU takes longer to complete the WU the less estimated credit you get.

So if I leave it for the next day I'll just get the base credit?

So if I leave it for the next day I'll just get the base credit?

That depends, for me on the 8900 WU it takes me 8 hours to complete. It has a base credit of 6,000 but if I complete the WU in that 8 hours I can get anywhere 25,000-26000 estimated credit. The estimated credit is determined by the TPF (Time Per Frame which is how much time is needed to complete 1% of the WU). The lower the TPF the higher the estimated credit and the faster the WU is going to be completed. The TPF on my GPU (MSI 7950) ranges from 4:45 - 4:52 and yours will be different from mine and different on each WU.

I have a MSI 760, my current WU is taking about 8h to complete and both the Base Credit and the Estimated Credit are 5757. The TPF is 5:17.

The other thing to look at is the deadline - when the WU needs to be returned by. Are you typically returning near that time? Meaning you won't getting many, if any, bonus points? Also, you need to complete at least 10 CPU based WU's before you get any bonus points, CPU or GPU based. If you fail too many CPU WU's, more then 10%, you will also disqualify yourself from getting bonus points.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Thank you so much. My problem is me cancelling the WU occasionally when i need the power for a few days or when the WU fails to start. 

The Terrible HP

If you need the power and such, in the Advance view either move the slider to off, or right click on the "slot" and choose pause. This way you stop folding, but don't lose/delete the WU and can continue it later. Typically most CPU and GPU WU's have 2 weeks to get them back. I know some core 17 are a bit tighter though, so maybe keep an eye on those deadlines.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

I am folding on both my GPU's and finished 2 WU on each GPU yesterday yet my points for yesterday was somehow only 219. My total estimated per day is 120000, but most days when I fold all day I only get 30k - 50k. What gives? Do some WU fail at 100%? 

What GPU's do you have?