is my pc still good?

so my pc is getting up there in age and i want to know if it is time to upgrade,

i feel like i should because of pascal but i want a second opinion

my specs are:

q8400 stock speeds

generic cooler (kinda looks like intel stock cooler)

generic lenovo motherboard

zotac 750 ti

8 gb ddr3 (adata)

cx 430

1 tb wd blue

if i were to upgrade here is what i would get : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LfvZBm

If you only game, i'd suggest changing that processor to an i5 6600k.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Wait for both polaris and pascal benchmarks and then choose the best

If you feel you performance is bad for what you want to do then upgrade, though wait to see what the 1000 line benches at before deciding which model or edition to get

1 minute ago, Fulgrim said:

I'd save up for an entirely new system tbh.

I think that's what he means by "upgrade" based on his link.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, Fulgrim said:

I'd save up for an entirely new system tbh.

i know that is what the pcpartpicker thing is for (BTW i would like your opinion on the pcpartpicker list)

You'll need to change a lot more than a GPU to enjoy games on that rig, maybe even consider a new build.

Don't upgrade for the sake of it, I bet a GTX 780 would do everything you want and more. It all depends on what you use it for.

Diasporic Kurd

Just now, AresKrieger said:

I think that's what he means by "upgrade" based on his link.

Kinda just read the title, and not the content. Stupid idea tbh. Previous comment has already been fix'd.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

id actually need the titan x like performance of the 1070 because i do some very heavy work in lightworks and premiere

You'll need to change a lot more than a GPU to enjoy games on that rig, maybe even consider a new build.

Don't upgrade for the sake of it, I bet a GTX 780 would do everything you want and more. It all depends on what you use it for.

if i were to get a new rig this is what it would be http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LfvZBm

Your CPU is at the point where it would no longer be able to upgrade any further.  I had the Q6600 for a long time.  If you are looking for a new upgrade, look forward to Skylake, virtually every CPU will increase your performance, but aim for an i5 or i7.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Depends on good for what.

Is is still good for CS GO, web browsing, youtube? Yeah.

Is it good enough to play new games such as Division, Tomb Raider? No.

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell

6 minutes ago, Fulgrim said:

If you only game, i'd suggest changing that processor to an i5 6600k.

Thats a bit overkill for a 750ti build

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, null_faun4 said:

id actually need the titan x like performance of the 1070 because i do some very heavy work in lightworks and premiere

if i were to get a new rig this is what it would be http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LfvZBm

The founders edition cards are not worth it. Board partners such as EVGA, MSI, Gigabyte will release their versions with better coolers, better overclockability, looks. They will also be like $100 cheaper.

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

2 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

Thats a bit overkill for a 750ti build

Check OP's PCPartPicker link. It's his planned upgrade build i was referring to. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LfvZBm

Just now, null_faun4 said:

tbh i was thinking of scrapping it entirely

Oh ...right...

The pc list you included was fine really...

But

You might want to get just 8 gigs of ram..you can always add more later..but you wont really need it...

An i5 6600 is fine really

Also you might want to go for a cheaper 120 gig SSD. 

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

The founders edition cards are not worth it. Board partners such as EVGA, MSI, Gigabyte will release their versions with better coolers, better overclockability, looks. They will also be like $100 cheaper.

i just really like the look of the nvidia stock cooler on pascal so that is what i went with

4 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

I can't answer this question, in fact no one on the forum can answer this question. This is a question that only you and you alone can answer. What you need to ask yourself is if your computer is doing what you want it to do (ie you are getting acceptable playability out of your games) keep your current hardware. Only upgrade when your computer hardware is no longer doing what you intend for it to do. In other words, if you can no longer play your games at good framerates then yes, it is time for an upgrade. Other than that, continue using your current hardware. This is the question you will need to ask yourself.

my judgement on the situation is that i am getting acceptable framerates when i am not recording (for youtube) but when i am recording i am getting like 30 fps and i do not like that in games such as SNOW, MW2, BLOPS, rocket league and TF2

Just now, CUDA_Cores said:

Then there is your answer, it is time for an upgrade. Just like I said, if your PC is no longer doing what you want it to do it is time to upgrade it. 

couldn't have said it better myself