New displays

ixiboneheadixi

I currently have a 1440p korean panel and a 1080p benq in portrait beside it, and i'm looking to upgrade, I want to get a 3 panel set up and probably just throw my 1080p on top of the 3 as an additional display. I'm not too sure what i should aim for, i want an IPS panel and preferably 4K and G sync if the price is right. So how is the bang for the buck with 4K IPS panels right now(and does g-sync add a lot to the price?) or is the price still dropping at a decent rate? I just picked up a 4k 50 inch smart tv for like 380 dollars but im not too sure what the market looks like for monitors at the moment. so what would you suggest for someone looking to upgrade to a 3 monitor set up?

At first: Don't pick a TV as a Monitor the input lag will fuck up the whole feeling. It kills me everytime when I just look around in the MS Explorer at my HTPC.

Second: How you want to run this setup and for what? Gaming? If so don't expect good playable framerates on mid to high demanding games,

4k gaming + 2k + 1080p (browsing stuff)

or better 2k / 4k / 2k (If this is your purpose) + 1080p(browsing stuff)

on more than much more than 60Hz is in most games a fortune because of the lack of performance, bad optimization and driver issues.

If you want it for editing/drawing than I would recomand a second keyboard as a shortcut keyboard, so that you don't have as much toolboxes open and than maybe a 4K IPS as a main (without GSync) +2k +1080p

But if you just want to know how the prices are ... in EU you would pay about 330-350 euro for a 4K IPS non GSync (23,6" around 500 euro for a 27") and 780-820 euro for a 4K IPS GSync monitor (27" approx 1100 euro for a 32" monitor but all of this stuff is a high enthusiastic aimed device for the upper 1% since the setup to run such a full build cost arround three or four times of this price)  

Wow the US prices are nearly 1:1 .... 

Spoiler

24" 4K IPS non GSync: 350 $ Acer K2 K242HQKbmjdp

27" 4K IPS non GSync: 500 $ LG 27MU67

27" 4K IPS GSync : 860$ ASUS ROG Swift PG27AQ 27

32" 4K IPS GSync: Acer Predator XB321HKbmiphz (not fund an US price)

All in all the monitor market is still kinda freezed and in my opinion the shouldn't push 4K that much since it only has a living right as a editing or browsing device (or maybe TV without a viewing source) yet, since the needed power to run them above that deosn't exsist or not affordable at all.

They should invest way more in good 2K display development for IPS and OLED (IGZO?) technology to eliminate or minimize their cons.

Maybe when they achieve this, the PC hardware manufactures try to push their development ambitions a bit and let us taste from this.