When Scrolling with mousewheel-button, it sometimes "lags"

Evann

Hi there,

so how do i explain this... 

.. i am one of these Persons that always scrolls websites with the mousewheel button, but i noticed that it "lags" a little bit.. so if i scroll like that its moving normally, then like 0.5seconds its moving only half the speed, then it continues normally... this happens all the time. So its like stuttering - i thought it would be some Driver Issue or Windows related stuff.

but after i reinstalled my Windows its still there, the weird thing tho, its only on my main Monitor, on my second one it scrolls perfectly smooth. may that be because my main monitor has 144hz, and my second one not? What's the Issue here? - Thx.

Does a different mouse do the same thing?

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

6 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

Does a different mouse do the same thing?

yes, it does. But there is no real Pattern... it just happens or not, sometimes alot and sometimes not at all. 

Specs of your PC? Try with another mouse, if it do the same the problem is from your pc

Just now, Gaboo said:

Specs of your PC? Try with another mouse, if it do the same the problem is from your pc

i5 6600

GTX 970

ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming K4

L8 PurePower bequite

16GB DDR4

... what PART of the PC is the issue? Why only on my main Monitor?

3 minutes ago, Evann said:

i5 6600

GTX 970

ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming K4

L8 PurePower bequite

16GB DDR4

... what PART of the PC is the issue? Why only on my main Monitor?

What websites have you noticed it happening on? It could just be the websites themselves. Does it happen when viewing a PDF, text document or other long scroll-y thing?

1 minute ago, Omon_Ra said:

What websites have you noticed it happening on? It could just be the websites themselves. Does it happen when viewing a PDF, text document or other long scroll-y thing?

i most of the time ignored it... i think it's on every website, but im not sure... as i said, sometimes it just doesnt happen...

I even notice it here on LTT, but just very very slightly, like if it would stutter for a millisecond.

Yea, it's a little bit weird if that only happens with your main monitor, that could be because the refresh of that monitor makes you see that problem, and other monitors don't have that speed so you didn't notice that problem in that kind of monitors. You should upload a video or something like that, there are a lot of things that "could be"

1 minute ago, Gaboo said:

Yea, it's a little bit weird if that only happens with your main monitor, that could be because the refresh of that monitor makes you see that problem, and other monitors don't have that speed so you didn't notice that problem in that kind of monitors. You should upload a video or something like that, there are a lot of things that "could be"

haven't noticed it when i set my main monitor refreshrate to 60hz. Gonna record some Browsing tomorrow, thx so far.

You're welcome I will try to find a solution it's really weird.