On the 20th, I am upgrading my PC. And I need it cheap!

Go to solution Solved by Weak1ings,
Just now, ZillaGames said:

You're a lifesaver. I'm still saving newest CPUs until Christmas, so maybe an I5-6500? Hopefully that doesn't "bottleneck" the 1080 per se (I hate the word bottlenecking)

Not Titan X, 1080! :D

Yay :)  It'll be a very long 20 days...  but worth the wait and especially the cash.

1 minute ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

You just plug the drive in, done.

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

No, you may need to reverify it though if you installed with an OEM code which is just a call to microsoft and if not you can just plug and play. You may want to ask someone with more experience in reverifying though. I've never had to do it.

For both of you to reply at once:

This is my parents' machine. If the upgrade has a chance of "ruining files", I can't do it. For example, swapping a motherboard might not work, and I'm not willing to risk that.

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 3600x - Corsair H100i V2 - 32GB DDR4 3200

Spoiler

Check out my Minecraft channel here!

2 minutes ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

You just plug the drive in, done. This SSD Has been used on 6 (7?) Motherboards, OS Hasnt even deactivated itself.

Is there a chance of it not working in any way, shape, or form? My parents will kill me if you're wrong

Spoiler

This is my parents' machine. If the upgrade has a chance of "ruining files", I can't do it. For example, swapping a motherboard might not work, and I'm not willing to risk that.

Except it will work, and if it "ruins the files" then you didnt do something right. Worst that cna happen is it deactivates.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

Reverifying wnt do that. Windows will just say not activated until you verify iirc. @Aytex do you know anyone who can properly explain how to do this?

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Just now, TheGamingBarrel said:

Except it will work, and if it "ruins the files" then you didnt do something right. Worst that cna happen is it deactivates.

Even if I change the CPU?

Spoiler

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

Reverifying wnt do that. Windows will just say not activated until you verify iirc. @Aytex do you know anyone who can properly explain how to do this?

Like, a video would help.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, ZillaGames said:

Like, a video would help.

Thats why I tagged Aytex, he might know more, more experienced member so knows more people.

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

2 minutes ago, ZillaGames said:

Even if I change the CPU?

Yes, I swap between 4770K, G3258, E2200, E4300, E4600, E5200, E6300, E6550 and a 3217U And it has never invalidated or broken.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

Thats why I tagged Aytex, he might know more, more experienced member so knows more people.

sounds good

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, ZillaGames said:

I'm doing that on Christmas, not now ;)

I don't understand:

If you wait two weeks, for $80 more you will be able to get the performance of a Titan X: GTX 1070...  its not worth waiting two weeks for it?  It'll also save you a lot of money too :P

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Just now, Weak1ings said:

I don't understand:

If you wait two weeks, for $80 more you will be able to get the performance of a Titan X: GTX 1070...  its not worth waiting two weeks for it?  It'll also save you a lot of money too :P

UGH THE WAITING

What if I just get the new CPU and wait a week till the GPU?

Spoiler

UGH THE WAITING

That would be perfect

Spoiler

AXIOM

UGH THE WAITING

Assuming you'll use the 650 Ti in your signature, that sounds like a good plan.  It's alright at gaming for the most part, but just think this:  "In two weeks I'll be able to get a Titan X in this PC!"  It'll be hard to wait.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

That would be perfect

You're a lifesaver. I'm still saving newest CPUs until Christmas, so maybe an I5-6500? Hopefully that doesn't "bottleneck" the 1080 per se (I hate the word bottlenecking)

1 minute ago, Weak1ings said:

Assuming you'll use the 650 Ti in your signature, that sounds like a good plan.  It's alright at gaming for the most part, but just think this:  "In two weeks I'll be able to get a Titan X in this PC!"  It'll be hard to wait.

Spoiler

Yay :)  It'll be a very long 20 days...  but worth the wait and especially the cash.

1 minute ago, Weak1ings said:

You're amazing, have a good day. Goodbye all.

Spoiler

The 6500 will give no bottlenecks. And nice to see someone else planning on getting one :) I just got my rig and put an i5-6500 in it last week. Great performance so far. Almost as good as a 4790K. And I'm going to get a 1070 around christmas or my birthday. Over Titan X performance for $500 CAD

Spoiler

AXIOM

4 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

The 6500 will give no bottlenecks. And nice to see someone else planning on getting one :) I just got my rig and put an i5-6500 in it last week. Great performance so far. Almost as good as a 4790K. And I'm going to get a 1070 around christmas or my birthday. Over Titan X performance for $500 CAD

Probably around $650-700 CAD based on how sh!tty our dollar is at the moment

Spoiler

Probably around $650-700 CAD based on how sh!tty our dollar is at the moment

Im buying later so I wont have to pay for FE so $500 is the MSRP is roughly how much it will cost from aftermarket manufacturers

Spoiler

AXIOM

Im buying later so I wont have to pay for FE so $500 is the MSRP is roughly how much it will cost from aftermarket manufacturers

Yeah, not buying the "faster than Titan X for half the price" statement, but I know the 1080 is faster than Titan X, and 1070 is a bit faster than 980 TI

Spoiler

Yeah, not buying the "faster than Titan X for half the price" statement, but I know the 1080 is faster than Titan X, and 1070 is a bit faster than 980 TI

Still great value

Spoiler

AXIOM

Still great value

I agree

Spoiler