can i do this with RAID 1

Bicko96

So im just going over the parts list of the computer im going to order and i was watching linus' video on ncix about how to set up raid 1 but im not quite sure if i can do this

ok so what i want to know is if i buy 4 250gb samsung 840 ssd' can i put them all into raid 1 i will explain it better below

What i want to do:

4 x 250gb ssd' raid 1

i want them all in the 1 Volume

basicely i want

2x250gb ssd:500gb (main)

2x250gb ssd:500gb (mirror)

sorry if i didnt explain this clear enough but i dont really understand the video i find all this RAID stuff very confusing

the help would be great thanks

That's RAID 10 but seriously, using SSD's for redunduncy will be way too expensive. You would rather use them all in RAID 0 to get 1Tb of SSD Storage wich is freaking awesome ! But I don't undertand why you would pay that much for a computer when you don't even know what RAID is...

Edit: I forgot to add that SSD's are less likely to fail than a HDD, that's why redunduncy is less relevant and you should go with more storage and more performance.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

That's RAID 10 but seriously, using SSD's for redunduncy will be way too expensive. You would rather use them all in RAID 0 to get 1Tb of SSD Storage wich is freaking awesome ! But I don't undertand why you would pay that much for a computer when you don't even know what RAID is...

Edit: I forgot to add that SSD's are less likely to fail than a HDD, that's why redunduncy is less relevant and you should go with more storage and more performance.

its not that i dont know what raid is i just find it very confusing i always mix them up and thanks i just found the raid 10 video he has on NCIX

No problem I'm happy to help. Please forgive my jealousy of you having 4 840 :P

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1