Issue with powering my motherboard

origee

I have the essential cords needed to power the motherboard and cpu, just to see if it'll even work, but when I turn it on the power supply temporally turns on. What I mean by that is that the fan will rotate but then stop, same for the cpu fan.

On rare occasion would it stay on, but the cpu fan stops and I get this beeping noise from the speaker I have connected. I do not know what is going on. Please help me.

The parts I'm using are:

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNova NEX650G

MotherBoard: Gigabyte Z77X-D3H 1155

CPU: Intel Quad Core i5-2500K LGA1155

RAM: Vengeance DDR3 8GB

VideoCard: Sapphire Radeon HD 7750

CPUFan: Cool Master CPU Cooler Hyper 212 Plus

What is the beep code? Look up the beep codes for your motherboard on the manufacturers website and it will tell you what's wrong.

It's a constant fast paced beep. I'll check it out.

All I'm seeing is that the problem is my memory. I have my RAM connected in the proper slots though.

Re-install the memory, might just not be seated right. It's labeled on that board so you shouldn't mistakenly insert them into the wrong slots.

It might need a BIOS update, I kind of doubt that though.

I did do that, but that's not the main issue here. Nothing is turning on properly. The power supply fan would just spin and so would the cpu fan, but that's just for a brief second. Even when the psu does stay on the cpu fan doesn't. I'm not sure if it's my mobo or psu that is the issue.

I have to turn off the main psu switch for 5 seconds then turn it on from the case just for it to that ^, but that's a one time thing. I have to rinse and repeat this process just to have it spin for a second.

Erm, what a problem.. Uhm, did you have any kind of issue installing the 2500k? Like touched something by mistake? Have you tried powering w/o the video card? Tried with just one stick of RAM? Have you tried using the other 4-Pin of the 4+4 cpu power cable? (I doubt that would make a difference but ehh)

strip everything down to the bare basics (RAM, CPU AND POWER SUPPLY) make sure all is seated properly if your using 2 sticks of RAM just use the one for now then swap out if still no luck but the continuing beep from the motherboard sounds like a RAM issue to me but you never know if you have a spare power supply lying around try it with that erm you could try reseating the CPU not sure what that would do but no harm in trying and then just ensure everything is plugged in nice and tight (sorry if i sound patronizing but every time I've messed up its something ive forgot to plug in haha) and what you said about the power supply missing a pin thats fine as mine does to and so do all other power supplies. the missing pin is the -5 volt. Much older motherboards from back in the days needed the missing pin, but all the modern ones don't use it at all anymore. That's why a pin is absent. but apart from what I've said im not sure but hope it all work for you man :)

strip everything down to the bare basics (RAM' date=' CPU AND POWER SUPPLY) make sure all is seated properly if your using 2 sticks of RAM just use the one for now then swap out if still no luck but the continuing beep from the motherboard sounds like a RAM issue to me but you never know if you have a spare power supply lying around try it with that erm you could try reseating the CPU not sure what that would do but no harm in trying and then just ensure everything is plugged in nice and tight (sorry if i sound patronizing but every time I've messed up its something ive forgot to plug in haha) and what you said about the power supply missing a pin thats fine as mine does to and so do all other power supplies. the missing pin is the -5 volt. Much older motherboards from back in the days needed the missing pin, but all the modern ones don't use it at all anymore. That's why a pin is absent. but apart from what I've said im not sure but hope it all work for you man :)

I've just finished doing that and still no luck. also for the cpu; is it supposed to have holes/dots on each gold pad after i take it out from it's slot? If so, some of the dots are off center and I'm not sure if that's okay.

had the same problem, did the basic stripping and using basic components, later found out my motherboard was dead cuz all components were working fine on my bros motherboard, but nothing worked on mine, i than connect my bros pc components to my motherboard, and it still wasnt booting, hence replaced the motherboard, and everthing was fine aftr that

had the same problem' date=' did the basic stripping and using basic components, later found out my motherboard was dead cuz all components were working fine on my bros motherboard, but nothing worked on mine, i than connect my bros pc components to my motherboard, and it still wasnt booting, hence replaced the motherboard, and everthing was fine aftr that[/quote']

Okay I'll try that out.

had the same problem' date=' did the basic stripping and using basic components, later found out my motherboard was dead cuz all components were working fine on my bros motherboard, but nothing worked on mine, i than connect my bros pc components to my motherboard, and it still wasnt booting, hence replaced the motherboard, and everthing was fine aftr that[/quote']

Yeah my mother board is dead, I just did what you did and everything is working fine on there, but not on my motherboard. I need to return the one I got then. Thanks