MSI Godlike motherboard audio outputs and aesthetics

I am planning a build soon with the MSI godlike motherboard, and have seen how you have to hit a switch inside to change to the front audio instead of the back. Although there appears to be 2 outputs in the back, I would like to know the differences between these as for as audio quality if any, and could I have my speakers hooked up to one, and a audio pass thru to plug my headset in at the same time and either of them work. Also for aesthetics I cannot decide between the carbon or red. I'm going with a black/red build using dominator, and either going to to have a lightbar kit for red lights coming out the top with the bar painted black, or white lightbar kit with the bar painted red. please give your opinions on which combinations would look best. using corsair red led fans, corsair h115i with red insterts, and most likely 2 MSI 1080s when they come out. fitting all of this in a 400c

MSI_X99A-Godlike-Gaming-2_w_500.jpg 

4 minutes ago, vladonizer said:

I am planning a build soon with the MSI godlike motherboard, and have seen how you have to hit a switch inside to change to the front audio instead of the back. Although there appears to be 2 outputs in the back, I would like to know the differences between these as for as audio quality if any, and could I have my speakers hooked up to one, and a audio pass thru to plug my headset in at the same time and either of them work. Also for aesthetics I cannot decide between the carbon or red. I'm going with a black/red build using dominator, and either going to to have a lightbar kit for red lights coming out the top with the bar painted black, or white lightbar kit with the bar painted red. please give your opinions on which combinations would look best. using corsair red led fans, corsair h115i with red insterts, and most likely 2 MSI 1080s when they come out. fitting all of this in a 400c

is there a question in all this?

@Bajantechnician Yes. Can you have both audios outputs in the back both plugged up and working at the same time? and what aesthetic combination of motherboard color and dominator lightbar kit color combination with that.

3 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

is there a question in all this?

yes hes asking if the audio quality is different from the motherboard io or the cases headphone jack 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Just now, vladonizer said:

@Bajantechnician Yes. Can you have both audios outputs in the back both plugged up and working at the same time? and what aesthetic combination of motherboard color and dominator lightbar kit color combination with that.

its either front io mic /speaker jack, or rear ones

the rear ones, you can use the 2x3 and the bog 5mm jack at the same time

1 minute ago, Maybach123 said:

yes hes asking if the audio quality is different from the motherboard io or the cases headphone jack 

its the same,

just different sizes, for peopl ewho have 5mm jacks.

10 minutes ago, vladonizer said:

@Bajantechnician Thanks, so it will work great with my headset and stereo system at the same time?

yes

only thing is you have to choose between either front or backaudio ( back ports or front io)

@Bajantechnician I will be choosing the back so I can leave the front audio cable in the back panel for slightly easier cable management, and thanks again for your feedback. Also, if you have an idea on which godlike would look better with which ram color scheme, please let me know

If your color scheme is black and red, get the Red Godlike. 

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

@Trav_X which color scheme of dominator do you think would look best? and thanks for your input

23 minutes ago, vladonizer said:

@Trav_X which color scheme of dominator do you think would look best? and thanks for your input

Honestly if you're going Dominator's then I would just get the Carbon MOBO, and change the RGB LED's on it to Red :P personally like the carbon better and it's more customizable but I just said Red cause of the color scheme you wanted.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Well i am going to be painting them like this, or do the bar red and the light white @Trav_X but probably a glossy black

2d177lc (1).jpg

11 hours ago, vladonizer said:

Well i am going to be painting them like this, or do the bar red and the light white @Trav_X but probably a glossy black

2d177lc (1).jpg

Those look really nice, I'd still suggest Carbon :) just looks cleaner IMHO, but the Red one looks very "gamer-y" and would fit a red and black build nice. In the end, it's down to what YOU want and visualize what you think would look good in your case and build ;) 

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6