iPhone recognized by windows but not showing up in iTunes

tjm9707
Go to solution Solved by Kitten of the Broccoli,
5 minutes ago, tjm9707 said:

Running the latest version of itunes, and ive tried other cables and ports.

Have you tried rebooting both the phone and computer? I know it sounds kinda cheesy to suggest that, but I've had times where my Note 4(obviously not an iPhone, but it's just an example) would refuse to charge. After a quick reboot, it charged perfectly fine.

I was going to put some new music on my phone, but my iPhone isnt showing up in iTunes. When I plug it in an icon pops up in windows saying apple iPhone chose what to do, but it does not show up in iTunes. A message saying "allow this device to access photos and videos?" pops up on my phone, but it does nothing when I hit allow. How do I fix this?

Are you running the latest version of iTunes? That's the only solution software-wise I can think of. I could also be either your wire, or even the USB port. Try using different ones if possible.

Just now, fireclaw316 said:

Are you running the latest version of iTunes? That's the only solution software-wise I can think of. I could also be either your wire, or even the USB port. Try using different ones if possible.

5 minutes ago, tjm9707 said:

Have you tried rebooting both the phone and computer? I know it sounds kinda cheesy to suggest that, but I've had times where my Note 4(obviously not an iPhone, but it's just an example) would refuse to charge. After a quick reboot, it charged perfectly fine.

1 minute ago, fireclaw316 said:

Have you tried rebooting both the phone and computer? I know if sound kinda cheesy to suggest that, but I've had times where my Note 4(obviously not an iPhone, but it's just an example) would refuse to charge. After a quick reboot, it charged perfectly fine.

Haha yes I have tried rebooting both. http://www.technipages.com/itunes-fix-iphone-or-ipod-not-detected-in-windows somehow this ended up fixing it. Honestly I like iPhones but I hate iTunes with a god damn passion. iTunes alone is making me consider switching to android in the future. It is buggy and just annoying to have to use.

Just now, tjm9707 said:

Haha yes I have tried rebooting both. http://www.technipages.com/itunes-fix-iphone-or-ipod-not-detected-in-windows somehow this ended up fixing it. Honestly I like iPhones but I hate iTunes with a god damn passion. iTunes alone is making me consider switching to android in the future. It is buggy and just annoying to have to use.

Well, at least you don't have to deal with Samsung Kies. The latest update for the Note 4 on AT&T is Android 5.1.1, and when I plugged my mom's Note - running 5.0.1 - into my computer, Kies decided that the phone is already running the most up-to-date version it can.

Fucking useless program.

13 minutes ago, tjm9707 said:

Check out iTools. It is an alternative to iTunes and I use it with my IOS devices. Removes all the annoying buggy crap that itunes offers and gives a drag and drop interface similar to android phones when adding your content to your device.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor