Should I downgrade?

tezgaming
Go to solution Solved by vanished,
1 minute ago, tezgaming said:

Shit i know what should i do now :(

well, you were thinking of selling the GPU.  Instead sell the CPU and motherboard, and try something like a i5 6500, depending on your budget

I have an Fx-6300 3.5 ghz and R9 380 4GB I think my gpu is bottle necknig my cpu cuz performance wise some games lag.. :( like even csgo has little bit of tearing and all that other lag

so...? any suggestions ill sell this GPU 

3 minutes ago, tezgaming said:

so...? any suggestions ill sell this GPU 

Just now, tezgaming said:

get an i5 6500?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

you can upgrade you cpu. thats about it. also tearing isnt lag, its too many frames

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

get an i5 6500?

no money and plus that means I would need to upgrade my motherboard.................

well, you were thinking of selling the GPU.  Instead sell the CPU and motherboard, and try something like a i5 6500, depending on your budget

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, tezgaming said:

no money and plus that means I would need to upgrade my motherboard.................

save up, then sell your cpu and motherboard and ram as a set then buy the i5

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Why not sell my entire rig? Im in Canada so can someone tell me estimate of what should i sell it for?

Cpu: Fx-6300 3.5 Ghz

Cooler: Hyper T2 Evo

Gpu: R9-380 4gb

Power supply: 600w 

Ram: 8GB. 

HDD: 1tb. 

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

save up, then sell your cpu and motherboard and ram as a set then buy the i5

that Way I can do a fresh build :D.. 

2 minutes ago, tezgaming said:

Why not sell my entire rig? Im in Canada so can someone tell me estimate of what should i sell it for?

The HDD, PSU, and GPU are all fine to keep using.  You'd be better off not selling anything you don't have to since used parts will go for less than you can buy equivalent power new for.

edit: and CPU cooler, and case, etc., probably

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, tezgaming said:

you could, but your gpu is good enough imo

you'll probably end up with the same one so i recommend just selling the parts that you dont want and keep the parts that you want for the next build

ie: gpu, hard disk, PSU, Case etc etc

edit: ninja-ed by ryan twice D<

The HDD, PSU, and GPU are all fine to keep using.  You'd be better off not selling anything you don't have to since used parts will go for less than you can buy equivalent power new for.

if i can sell my Cpu some how that be great around $150? 

if i can sell my Cpu some how that be great around $150? 

well they're going for $140 CAD right now so probably not

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

used FX 6300 + board wont get him the i5 6500. Merely a shitty B150 board without VRM heatsinks.

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

used FX 6300 + board wont get him the i5 6500. Merely a shitty B150 board without VRM heatsinks.

yeah it'll take a little extra cash too but that's an upgrade for ya :)

Just now, Prysin said:

you can get a brand new FX 6300 for what? 130 canadian rupees?

Maybe.  First link I saw was newegg on sale $20 off at $140

yeah it'll take a little extra cash too but that's an upgrade for ya :)

board without VRM cooling aint a upgrade. Its shootin yourself in the fucking foot.

Also, most B110 and B150 boards have atrocious feature sets.

Just now, Prysin said:

board without VRM cooling aint a upgrade. Its shootin yourself in the fucking foot.

Also, most B110 and B150 boards have atrocious feature sets.

I mean spend a little extra and don't get the shit board :P 

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

then he will be 200 rupees away from his i5 6500.

I get what you are suggesting, but he is probably better off OCing his 6300 to 4.4Ghz while he builds cash.

What if i Sell my R9 380 4GB + Fx-6300 + Motherboard and get money then buy I5-4460 with motherboard some how decent and GTX-960 4gb ?? im sure I have $100 extra on me right me.. so.. 

What if i Sell my R9 380 4GB + Fx-6300 + Motherboard and get money then buy I5-4460 with motherboard some how decent and GTX-960 4gb ?? im sure I have $100 extra on me right me.. so.. 

You could also reuse the RAM then... for whatever that's worth (literally :P

I think in that price point AMD might have some better GPU offerings, but not sure

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

You could also reuse the RAM then... for whatever that's worth (literally :P

I think in that price point AMD might have some better GPU offerings, but not sure

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/XBMfkL

That is his current setup.

240 canadian rupees, brand new.

you can get new 8GB DDR3 kits for 30 canadian rupees.

So basically what he got is worth no more then 130-150 canadian rupees. That being said, his mobo is so shit he cannot OC the 6300 without risking to blow the VRMs.

Which means the value of his shitty AM3+ board is even less, so i estimate his setup to be worth 130 canadian rupees at most.

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/XBMfkL

That is his current setup.

240 canadian rupees, brand new.

you can get new 8GB DDR3 kits for 30 canadian rupees.

So basically what he got is worth no more then 130-150 canadian rupees. That being said, his mobo is so shit he cannot OC the 6300 without risking to blow the VRMs.

Which means the value of his shitty AM3+ board is even less, so i estimate his setup to be worth 130 canadian rupees at most.

So best option to just stick with what he's got for now and maybe plan a build later with more money?

OP if all you are worried about is tearing, look into vsync :)  Just remember to turn down the maximum pre-rendered frames to 1 or 0 or whatever the minimum is to avoid tons of input lag