Mini-ITX Cooler

Hey all! 

So I just upgraded my rig, I was running a 4770K at 4.3GHz (edit: with an H100i), 32GB RAM, Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H, MSI GTX 970, and a Corsair 500R and CX750M. I wanted to downsize and migrated to a Mini-ITX build. Now I'm running the following:

i7 6700

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB at 2133MHz

ASUS Z170I PRO GAMING

Fractal Design Node 304

Cooler Master V750 PSU

Samsung 950 Pro M.2 256GB VNAND (OS)

Crucial MX100 250GB (Games)

Western Digital Black 2TB (Mass Storage)

I'm currently using the stock Intel cooler thinking, oh it can't be that bad since I'm not planning to overclock. Well. It is. It's super loud and annoying. What are your favorite coolers for Mini-ITX builds? I've been looking at the Cooler Master GeminII M4, Noctua NH-L9i, and the NZXT Kraken X41.

+1 for the NH_L9i, using one right now. My i5-4460 idles around 30 degrees and never peaks above low 50's. Really slim profile and pretty quiet (although it also comes with a low noise adapter I'm not using)

Why not an NH-D15? It supposedly fits in the Node 304. (:

Sig under construction.

3 hours ago, cdsboy2000 said:

+1 for the NH_L9i, using one right now. My i5-4460 idles around 30 degrees and never peaks above low 50's. Really slim profile and pretty quiet (although it also comes with a low noise adapter I'm not using)

Nice! That's great to hear, I was worried that the 6700 was at the limit for the TDP of the cooler but if you're 4460 is good at 84W then I should be fine. 

3 hours ago, Tedster said:

Why not an NH-D15? It supposedly fits in the Node 304. (:

Hmmm. I haven't looked too much into that one. I'd be worried about the RAM clearance though. 

4 minutes ago, AudioEngineer654 said:

Hmmm. I haven't looked too much into that one. I'd be worried about the RAM clearance though. 

Ripjaws V seems to be 42mm tall.

http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3000c15d-16gvr

And yeah, you'd want to be using only the one fan with the NH-D15, up to 32mm height with both fans.

http://noctua.at/en/nh-d15

Sig under construction.

The L9i is barely better than the stock Intel cooler. For God sake, get the bigger cooler. Even the L9x65 is better than the L9i, especially your case supports a taller cooler. I'd even recommend a Noctua D9L or U9S. The advantage of a bigger cooler provides more cooling capacity. So you can keep the fan spinning slow, thus stays quiet even under heavy load.

I'm using a U9S on my 4790K(no overclock). The fan stays at 950rpm, and temp never reaches 70C under stress test.

You could just go with a standard tower heatsink. https://pcpartpicker.com/part/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk009

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

it's a non-k so unless you live in a desert you don't need the mac daddy of air coolers, even a CM 212 should probably be fine

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W