Inskippable, 30 second youtube ads?

So I don't use adblock, and all of a sudden its went from a 10 second unskippable ad every 30 videos (ish) too 30 second unskippable ones almost every video. Why is this happening? Like I said I don't use adblock but I might start (With a blacklist) if this doesn't stop.

Same. I use an adblock, but whitelist anything I care enough to support, which includes many youtube and twitch channels. Since you can't whitelist a youtube channel, I have all of youtube whitelisted, and it's getting to the point where I'm going to turn blacklist it again simply due to how frustrating it is to have to sit through a 30 second unskippable ad to see if I want to watch this youtube video or not.

1 minute ago, Telebubbies said:

Some YouTubers make it so ads cannot be skippable. 

Its multiple channels tho...

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

Same. I use an adblock, but whitelist anything I care enough to support, which includes many youtube and twitch channels. Since you can't whitelist a youtube channel, I have all of youtube whitelisted, and it's getting to the point where I'm going to turn it on simply due to how frustrating it is to have to sit through a 30 second unskippable ad to see if I want to watch this youtube video or not.

Well it would be primarily youtube so. That seems like a dead end haha...

2 hours ago, MrIceCremeLollipop said:

So I don't use adblock, and all of a sudden its went from a 10 second unskippable ad every 30 videos (ish) too 30 second unskippable ones almost every video. Why is this happening? Like I said I don't use adblock but I might start (With a blacklist) if this doesn't stop.

This is happening because YouTube governs what their servers decide to serve you on each and every video visit.

They use a variety of deciding factors to determine what ads are delivered to what IP, computer, OS, browser, and Google account, how often ads are shown, the length of the ad shown, and whether or not the ad is skippable, among many other things I have not mentioned here.

1 hour ago, Boobies Sprinkle said:

This is why you use Adblock, and only unblock them if you want to support the youtubers. 

My sentiments exactly. I browse the web with adblock, because even on my i7-4790k with 30Mbps download speed some sites take twice as long to fully load and render with adblock disabled compared to enabling it. I'm all for supporting news sites and content creators, but not if the ads detriment my internet access to the point of making my high end hardware a wasteful purchase. That's not counting the fact that I'm not going to leave my computer more vulnerable to drive by downloads due to a third party advertising network unknowingly serving up a malicious ad.

That said, I do selectively turn off adblock for some websites and YouTube channels, like @LinusTechTips, TekSyndicate, or HardwareCanucks.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)