How to Make an App

teddy710

Wanna make apps but don't know where to start... Can someone give me a very basic overview and link some guides or something useful? Thanks!

27 minutes ago, teddy710 said:

Wanna make apps but don't know where to start... Can someone give me a very basic overview and link some guides or something useful? Thanks!

are you on mac or pc? 

xcode i think is a good place to start

21 minutes ago, TheSlicingEdge said:

are you on mac or pc? 

xcode i think is a good place to start

PC

1 minute ago, teddy710 said:

PC

yea dont know much I would definitely try lynda

If you want to make iOs app you can check: https://www.raywenderlich.com/

They have pretty good tutorials and they update them frequently.

Also you can use a vm for xcode, it's not the best but it work. Some of my apps have been made on a OS X vm.

7 hours ago, Severin said:

If you want to make iOs app you can check: https://www.raywenderlich.com/

They have pretty good tutorials and they update them frequently.

Also you can use a vm for xcode, it's not the best but it work. Some of my apps have been made on a OS X vm.

Anything you know of for free

Learn C# for Windows Phone, Java for Android, Objective-C or Swift for iOS.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 7:04 AM, teddy710 said:

PC

What kind of apps or programs do you want to make?

What platform(s) do you want it to be released to?

These dictate how I can help you. If I don't know these then I can't help you.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

What kind of apps or programs do you want to make?

What platform(s) do you want it to be released to?

These dictate how I can help you. If I don't know these then I can't help you.

First I wanna make games for Android Nativity but iOS wouldn't hurt.

1 hour ago, teddy710 said:

First I wanna make games for Android Nativity but iOS wouldn't hurt.

You can use Unity for games. It's great for Mobile and PC games which aren't using BF4 like graphics.

I would recommend also trying to publish to the Windows Store for Windows 10 Mobile

As a personal request since I use Windows 10 Mobile :) and I would love new games to try out.

Are you aware that publishing it to Google Play costs $25 USD? Publishing to Windows Store for individual developers is $20 USD.

In both cases it is a one time payment to make sure you are serious about developing and also to give them cash.

Unity has loads of documentation, tutorials and loads of assets in their assets store. Assets mostly cost money so I would avoid them for the time being unless you really want or need some.

And Have Fun :).

I'm trying to make a game in Unity but first I have to finish the Story of the game before I can make it.

Unity can be a little annoying at times but overall it's great. It uses an open source version of C# called Mono and is made by a company called "MonoDevelop". They partner with Microsoft on some things.

Unity's website -> unity3d.com

The free version is fine for individual developers and small teams.

And I would never pay for the Pro Version unless you make a company which develops games or you make more than $100/month when making games.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

On 5/2/2016 at 3:05 PM, Gachr said:

Or if you seriously plan on writing for more than one platform and would like to share large parts of the code base then Xamarin is probably your best bet.

1 minute ago, clegger said:

Or if you seriously plan on writing for more than one platform and would like to share large parts of the code base then Xamarin is probably your best bet.

Good point, but I didn't mention it because he said that he wanted to make those native :)

On 5/2/2016 at 9:05 AM, Gachr said:

Or C# for all 3

ionic Framework, 

its simple HTMl/css and some JS 

There are abunch of tutorials and smaple apps and tons of ways to start slwoly but still make a great app 

http://ionicframework.com/

CPUIntel i5-6600k - Mobo - MSI Z170A M3 Gaming - RAM - 16GB G.SKILL DDR4 2133 -  GPU - MSI R9 380 4GB    

CASE - Corsair Cube 540  CPU COOLER - Hyper 212 EVO - PSU - EVGA 1050w 

Well if you want something free you could use MIT's app inventor. It's basically Scratch (if you've used it before) but for adults and I believe (but don't quote me) that you can publish with them for free on Android. Of course, there's limited functionality using this program, but since you're a beginner I'd think that whatever you could make would be within the capabilities of the program. There is a learning curve, but it didn't take me too long to get the basics figured out.