Intel XEON

Which Xeon would be better? A used E5 2670 8 core 16 thread used cpu for a really cheap price (usually around 150$ or less) or a quad core xeon e3 1231 v3 8 thread cpu? I want to do all sorts of editing and gaming. Which would be the best option

While it won't help out for gaming I would go with the E5 2670 since you'll also be doing editing which can take advantage of more cores and threads.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

53 minutes ago, XdoniasRadeon said:

should i stick to the quad xeon?

What are you using it for?

please make a better attempt to create your threads in the proper forum for quick and concise solutions.

moved to CPU, Motherboards, and RAM

4 hours ago, XdoniasRadeon said:

Which Xeon would be better? A used E5 2670 8 core 16 thread used cpu for a really cheap price (usually around 150$ or less) or a quad core xeon e3 1231 v3 8 thread cpu? I want to do all sorts of editing and gaming. Which would be the best option

For editing the e5 2670 will do better assuming that it will use all 16 threads, but if you want more gaming performance the e3-1231v3 will do better due the higher clockspeed and better ipc, so e5 for better editing performance, or e3 for better gaming performance. The 2670 will also require a x79 motherboard which go for about $250 USD used.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •