Installing windows + Epic fail

ELLYOT

Okay so long story short I wiped my HDD and put windows installation files on it, I had windows already on my ssd, I tried to install windows using the boot on the HDD , accidentally formatted my ssd in the process . when I try install windows on the ssd when windows asks where I want it installed it gives me an error saying "setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate existing system partition"  when I pick the ssd primary.

There is lots of partitions for both drives such as, system, msr, primary and OEM.

Please help lmfao 

well first of all, unplug everything except the drive you want to install on

next insert the windows CD or USB and start installing

when you get to this screen delete all partitions and format the empty volume once all your partitions have been removed/combined into one

6d886e76-7d91-4de2-b93e-ec65d008a72f_15.

then you should have one partition like this ^^ and that is where you install windows

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Not sure it's how it's suposed to work. Usually you make a usb boot drive and install it from the boot drive to the HDD or SSD... are you saying that your bootdisk is the HDD ?

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

well first of all, unplug everything except the drive you want to install on

next insert the windows CD or USB and start installing

when you get to this screen delete all partitions and format the empty volume once all your partitions have been removed/combined into one

6d886e76-7d91-4de2-b93e-ec65d008a72f_15.

then you should have one partition like this ^^ and that is where you install windows

I don't have a CD or USB, well I have a USB but I stood on it and its in bits. Can I make the HDD windows files bootable using cmd? Also so you're saying delete all those partitions I mentioned in my post? Thanks for your reply 

5 minutes ago, Alice in game said:

Not sure it's how it's suposed to work. Usually you make a usb boot drive and install it from the boot drive to the HDD or SSD... are you saying that your bootdisk is the HDD ?

Yeah I believe so its my HDD I'm trying to use as a bootable drive, not sure if I have made it bootable though. Thanks for the reply 

2 minutes ago, ELLYOT said:

I don't have a CD or USB, well I have a USB but I stood on it and its in bits. Can I make the HDD windows files bootable using cmd? Also so you're saying delete all those partitions I mentioned in my post? Thanks for your reply 

buy a 4GB usb drive and put windows on it

do not use your HDD

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

buy a 4GB usb drive and put windows on it

do not use your HDD

Is there a reason not to use my HDD? 

Just now, ELLYOT said:

Is there a reason not to use my HDD? 

because you want it unplugged during the install process

otherwise there is the possibility of windows putting system files on it and then you will always need that HDD plugged in for your PC to boot and you will never be able to format it

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

because you want it unplugged during the install process

otherwise there is the possibility of windows putting system files on it and then you will always need that HDD plugged in for your PC to boot and you will never be able to format it

Oh I see. I remember seeing when I was formatting the HDD it prompted me with a message saying the HDD had system files still running or something before I formatted it. Could this be the issue? I now have a blank ssd and a formatted HDD with just windows files on it. Thanks for the advice