Not sure what to get first

Lauen

Alright guys. I have some plans, but I can't seem to decide what to get first.. 

1: AMD FX-8320, Crucial BallistiX Sport VLP 8 GB kit, and a be quiet! Black Rock PRO 2

EDIT: I have a gaming channel on youtube, I might start making videos again, where it'll be nice with a new cpu, my Athlon II x4 doesn't really render fast at all. 

2: ASUS 7970 DCUII TOP / maybe R9-290X (will cost more, but can save up for it)

3: Cooler Master V1000 / V850 psu.

4: new headphones, not sure, Audio Technica ATH-M50S or beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 32 ohm

Now, the thing is: I don't game very much. I play some DayZ Epoch every now and again, and I play Leauge of Legends, but I still want a good computer. I am just trying to find games I can really enjoy. I love silent computers, mine is pretty silent already, but I run custom fan profiles in order to get decent sound levels.

I do listen to a LOT of music, both on my computer and on my phone, and having a closed headphone is tempting, as I want some passive noise reduction. 

please, give whatever advice you have :)

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Wait until you have the money. Buying one by one is the worst decision you can do.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

2. Its a bigger priority then the other stuff.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I'd either go for the headphones or the 8320. A 7970 isn't going to be a whole lot better than your 660ti, and I'm sure it would be bottlenecked by your athlon anyway and your psu is more than enough to handle all your stuff as it is.

Save up and buy CPU, GPU, RAM and MoBo, PSU (If your current one can't hold the new system) at once. Buy a new case, cooling and storage later.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I love my ath m50's. I would suggest getting a new cpu. The new gpu would bottleneck the machine.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Save up and buy CPU, GPU, RAM and MoBo, PSU (If your current one can't hold the new system) at once. Buy a new case, cooling and storage later.

I have a decent psu, a good motherboard, a good case, and enough storage, just look at my signature. 

I love my ath m50's. I would suggest getting a new cpu. The new gpu would bottleneck the machine.

How much difference would you think they make from my Sennheiser PC 360's? 

I'd either go for the headphones or the 8320. A 7970 isn't going to be a whole lot better than your 660ti, and I'm sure it would be bottlenecked by your athlon anyway and your psu is more than enough to handle all your stuff as it is.

Yeah, all of this is true. although, I really want a new psu, cause my GX 650 is just a regular PSU, I want them black cables.. 

2. Its a bigger priority then the other stuff.

Not all that much though, as Benjio said, my 660ti does do me justice, as I don't play much, and ArmA 2 which DayZ is built upon is really cpu heavy. 

Wait until you have the money. Buying one by one is the worst decision you can do.

Saving up for all of it will take a while, and I already have a good computer, buying one by one when you're getting a new computer is bad, yes, but in upgrading, I see no issues with it. 

I have a decent psu, a good motherboard, a good case, and enough storage, just look at my signature. 

Yeah, all of this is true. although, I really want a new psu, cause my GX 650 is just a regular PSU, I want them black cables.. 

Not all that much though, as Benjio said, my 660ti does do me justice, as I don't play much, and ArmA 2 which DayZ is built upon is really cpu heavy. 

Saving up for all of it will take a while, and I already have a good computer, buying one by one when you're getting a new computer is bad, yes, but in upgrading, I see no issues with it. 

Better to save up. Your rig is sufficient and once you achieve enough money you can have a wider range of products available.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Why do you need a new PSU? :F

because the one I have has fully colored wires and a not too nice casing, which drives me nuts, it's not modular, which leaves a ton of cables loose in the back of my rig, it's just down to personal preference, besides, it'll be more futureproof, if I decide to go SLI or Crossfire, I could do it without a problem with the V1000 / v850 

Better to save up. Your rig is sufficient and once you achieve enough money you can have a wider range of products available.

Good point, we'll see what happens, in case something dies on me, I will then have money to replace in case it doesn't get covered by the warranty, like my cpu. 

Yup sorry, then just get a new CPU, FX8320 would be the right one for you IMO. Your GPU is fine for now, get R9-290X when it's released or go for HD7990 on sale, the HD7970 wouldn't be a worthy upgrade. Also get a Hyper 212 EVO.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Yup sorry, then just get a new CPU, FX8320 would be the right one for you IMO. Your GPU is fine for now, get R9-290X when it's released or go for HD7990 on sale, the HD7970 wouldn't be a worthy upgrade. Also get a Hyper 212 EVO.

True.

I don't want a hyper 212 Evo, as I said earlier, I'm going for the be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, I love the aesthetics of it, and it's a really good cooler.

True.

I don't want a hyper 212 Evo, as I said earlier, I'm going for the be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, I love the aesthetics of it, and it's a really good cooler.

Just make sure your RAM and VRM cooling fits under it.

I'm pretty sure it will

EDIT: I am getting low profile memory, in case you didn't notice

OK then you're golden, happy upgrading! :)

Wait for the new AMD cards to come out first. Plan later.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.