Are IKEA tables and chairs good alternatives to DX Racer?

GRINDFEST

IKEA or DX Racer?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. IKEA or DX Racer?

• IKEA
    • DX Racer
  2. 2. Is spending more on DX Racer justified?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you prefer other brands?

• Yes
    • No

I have been searching around for a good computer chair lately and I have seen many streamers using DX Racer Seats, which costs a LOT to me 

I was thinking a better alternative would be IKEA as some people on the web say they use their chairs. I have an IKEA table where I set up my Rig and its pretty good for my needs but I have not tried IKEA chairs yet I use a generic chair with caster wheels right now

What do you fellow LTT members think?

Used expensive office chairs ftw.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

It's a chair and sitting is already bad enough for you so I can't stress enough how much more important ergonomics are than looks.

I have an IKEA Markus chair and I absolutely love it. The mesh back conforms yet supports your back and since its mesh, my back doesn't sweat like it does on leather chairs. 

If you're willing to pay a pretty penny, Herman Miller's Embody and Aerons are top picks. 

I myself wouldn't be bothered spending a little bit more money on a seat that I would be spending most of my free time, if I'm going to spend 8-10 hours at that seat, I'd rather something comfortable and expensive than a cheap chair that ends up not being worth it in the end. Not saying that I would go straight for a DX-Racer (a tad much). But a chair that helps me with my posture for when I sit there every day is something I would spend a little extra $ on.

If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

Personally I just decided on ordering a DXRacer yesterday because my current chair was bought as a gift 10 years ago and it finally broke down. If I can make a pretty "meh" chair last 10 years and it's reasonably comfortable, I'm totally fine with spending an absurd amount on a chair that will be even more comfortable and look badass (imo).

It's the same as some people that buy MacBooks..they don't mind spending a lot more if it lasts a long time and they enjoy the brand recognition and style/build quality of the product. I know there's definitely better out there but they look like normal office chairs. I want some style (imo) in my gaming setup to match the "glamour" of my build.