What card should I need?

Kexiukas
Go to solution Solved by ColoradoJones12,
4 minutes ago, Kexiukas said:

But gtx 750 is about 100$, but is it worth it

if you could spend a bit more you could get an r7 370

So I need a new gpu, but I don't know which I should buy. I have a codegen 600w powersupply and it has only 1 6x pin connector. My pc specs now is amd 2x 250 4gb of ddr3 ram and nvidia 210 1gb. I want something to play games like crysis on medium settings 30fps (stable)

2 minutes ago, Kexiukas said:

So I need a new gpu, but I don't know which I should buy. I have a codegen 600w powersupply and it has only 1 6x pin connector. My pc specs now is amd 2x 250 4gb of ddr3 ram and nvidia 210 1gb. I want something to play games like crysis on high settings on 60 fps.

What is your budget

2 minutes ago, Kexiukas said:

So I need a new gpu, but I don't know which I should buy. I have a codegen 600w powersupply and it has only 1 6x pin connector. My pc specs now is amd 2x 250 4gb of ddr3 ram and nvidia 210 1gb. I want something to play games like crysis on high settings on 60 fps.

What is your budget

You will struggle with that CPU, which will hold you back

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

whats your budget?

45nm CPU might needs a refresh too ;)

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

1 minute ago, Kexiukas said:

About 100$

Good luck to play crysis in high settings with 60fps ^^

All

1 minute ago, Fourmi Kill3r said:

Good luck to play crysis in high settings with 60fps ^^

Yeah, but I probably will buy it used

I think you should get a g3258 and stick it out with the 210 until you save up enough for a card

also maybe a H81M-P33 MSI mobo which is about $45

Unfortunately even going with the used market you aren't going to find a good card that can play high end titles at 60FPS on high settings. You would need to at least double your budget.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

thats the moment when you start your own carwash business to get a higher budget

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Unfortunately even going with the used market you aren't going to find a good card that can play high end titles at 60FPS on high settings. You would need to at least double your budget.

I found a gtx 260 for 20$, but it requires 2x6pin connectors and my psu only has 1 6pin connector

3 minutes ago, dappy10 said:

I think you should get a g3258 and stick it out with the 210 until you save up enough for a card

My MOBO is amd based so it won't work with intel cpu

Just now, Kexiukas said:

My MOBO is amd based so it won't work with intel cpu

edited this one in my post but you should get a h81m-p33 which is a good board for overclocking a g3258

5 minutes ago, dappy10 said:

Yeah but I'm sorta kinda on a tight budget

16 minutes ago, Kexiukas said:

A GTX 950 goes for $150 which is their lower end lineup that is fairly new. With a higher budget, you can get a GTX 960 for $180 which has 4 GB of VRAM. You won't accomplish your graphical goal with that kind of budget. Sorry.

Yeah but I'm sorta kinda on a tight budget

A g3258 is about $70 and a h81m-p33 is $45 so its gonna cost about $115

You might wanna wait until ones on sale so it gets cheaper

If you live near a frys you might wanna check out some of their cpu/mobo combos, I got a a8-7650k + mobo for about 100

3 minutes ago, Kexiukas said:

750 performance isnt that good if you're looking to play crysis on high at 60fps

and you're cpu is gonna hold you back so i think that should be on your priority list first

1 minute ago, dappy10 said:

750 performance isnt that good if you're looking to play crysis on high at 60fps

and you're cpu is gonna hold you back so i think that should be on your priority list first

Ok but let's say on 720p medium it could be enough

if you could spend a bit more you could get an r7 370