Best DVD ripping software?

SirReallySam
Go to solution Solved by Joshua,

nop, and I've tried two different disks as well...

That is really strange, try using a different piece of software maybe? Try AnyDVD, it's only a 30 day trial but you can uninstall/reinstall to get it again. I used that to put the dvd into files then handbrake to encode it. If you need help, just ask me and I'll answer.

So I've been using HandBrake so far, But I was wondering what you guys thought was best xD

Also I would not like one that gets past copyright protection.

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

MakeMKV?

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I use handbrake and have no complaints, I don't really think there's anything better. I did use AnyDVD for a while because it would notify me when it had finished ripping and as I was ripping 60+ DVDs at once, this was very helpful to me. I did, however, use handbrake for the video encoding to turn them into .mp4 files.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

I use handbrake and have no complaints, I don't really think there's anything better. I did use AnyDVD for a while because it would notify me when it had finished ripping and as I was ripping 60+ DVDs at once, this was very helpful to me. I did, however, use handbrake for the video encoding to turn them into .mp4 files.

I'm having a problem at the moment when the image doesn't look right, (random coloured blocks everywhere) and it skips around a bit as well... do you know why this is?

can't seem to make it rip right :(

PROFILEYEAH

I'm having a problem at the moment when the image doesn't look right, (random coloured blocks everywhere) and it skips around a bit as well... do you know why this is?

can't seem to make it rip right :(

First of all, check your disc, is it scratched?

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

First of all, check your disc, is it scratched?

PROFILEYEAH

That is really strange, try using a different piece of software maybe? Try AnyDVD, it's only a 30 day trial but you can uninstall/reinstall to get it again. I used that to put the dvd into files then handbrake to encode it. If you need help, just ask me and I'll answer.

PROFILEYEAH

Ok so I tried make MKV and it worked fine! So I'm going to use make mkv and then if I want to add something to my phone I'll convert it to MP4 with HandBrake.... What setting should I use to make the MP4 file best quality as I can when converting?

PROFILEYEAH

Ok so I tried make MKV and it worked fine! So I'm going to use make mkv and then if I want to add something to my phone I'll convert it to MP4 with HandBrake.... What setting should I use to make the MP4 file best quality as I can when converting?

If your phone is android just install MXplayer set the video codec to hw+ and audio to software.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

If your phone is android just install MXplayer set the video codec to hw+ and audio to software.

not android no... it's Windows Phone 7.8

PROFILEYEAH

Completely up to you, depends how long you want to wait. Definately use H.264 encoding and I remember there being a slider that would change the quality, however it would take longer. Just play around with a short video until you find the right setting for you, that's what I did.

Completely up to you, depends how long you want to wait. Definately use H.264 encoding and I remember there being a slider that would change the quality, however it would take longer. Just play around with a short video until you find the right setting for you, that's what I did.

PROFILEYEAH