Corsair 860 Accident

Callum1243

Hey guys, i was putting my corsair 860 into my case this afternoon and missed a screw hole, it went through the mesh and slightly went into the power supply PCB. It powers on and works 

which im glad about. but anyways, should i be worried about the stability of the power supply or anything. From what i can see it hasn't gone through any tracers or anything, because it just went into 

the side of it. 

Thanks Callum 

If it doesn't seem like you didn't do any damage and you're not already panicking, you're most likely fine.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

if it runs fines its ok

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

Thanks guys so much, gave my self a little heartattack when it happened :P ill run it for an hour or so with a few fans connected and see how stable it is 

Hey guys, i was putting my corsair 860 into my case this afternoon and missed a screw hole, it went through the mesh and slightly went into the power supply PCB. It powers on and works 

which im glad about. but anyways, should i be worried about the stability of the power supply or anything. From what i can see it hasn't gone through any tracers or anything, because it just went into 

the side of it. 

Thanks Callum 

you might want to drop corsair a line on what has happened and what can be done

to fix it. you won't be the first or last to discover this and it is a liability to corsair for

property damage or loss of life from using their product that may be prevented by a

simple guard or shield so that can not happen.

airdeano

you might want to drop corsair a line on what has happened and what can be done

to fix it. you won't be the first or last to discover this and it is a liability to corsair for

property damage or loss of life from using their product that may be prevented by a

simple guard or shield so that can not happen.

airdeano

yeah that's probably a good idea, hopefully i'm not the first haha, thanks very much 

- Callum