Rubik's cube

Snooli

If I were to take the stickers off of a standard Rubik's cube's corner cublet and put them back on differently, the cube should now be unsolvable. The question is, however, are there other positions, in which the cube is almost solved except for one corner cublet (a different cublet than which one I modified earlier)?

I disagree, unless you manage to put more than one color sticker on the same position of a side of the cube, on differents sides of course, the cube should still be solvable.

Just create an impossible corner- one which has colours that are typically opposite. 

Otherwise, just switch around the three colours on an existing corner. From what I know, that should make it unsolvable.

Is it? I unfortunately lost mine so I can't test. But if I just swap 2 stickers on one side, it will still be solvable?

Just now, Aereldor said:

Just create an impossible corner- one which has colours that are typically opposite. 

Otherwise, just switch around the three colours on an existing corner. From what I know, that should make it unsolvable.

I can't have more squares on one qublet, that would be too obvious.

I know it should be unsolvable, I want to know, how many different qublets would end up out of place after almost-solving the cube.

Sadly, if  you move the stickers chances are they won't even stick to the cube again :P

Just now, Train27 said:

Sadly, if  you move the stickers chances are they won't even stick to the cube again :P

I could swap them all for some home-made ones, that way nobody could see that some were removed.

You could never have a corner that has both red and orange, green and blue and white and yellow on the the same corner. Those would be the most suttle changes you could do. However depending on where you start on the cube, it would be found out pretty quickly