Vapor-X R9 280x problem!

So my card has been working fine since i bought it and installed it, today when i was playing csgo i got a black screen and my pc stoped working so i turned off my pc and when i turned it back on i got no signal on the monitor. Tried diferent monitors and pci slots and nothing changes. Im currently using the motherboard hdmi with the graphics card disabled. What's wrong?

More information would be nice. System specs, OS, drivers.

If it's a replacement of another GPU make sure you have uninstalled the old GPU drivers and installed the latest drivers for the 280X.

2 minutes ago, miniahobbie said:

More information would be nice. System specs, OS, drivers.

If it's a replacement of another GPU make sure you have uninstalled the old GPU drivers and installed the latest drivers for the 280X.

It has been working for a year never had problems 

Win10 specs shouldnt be the prob it worked for over 1 year just stoped giving signal on boot like 15 min ago

Just now, KrimsonFox said:

It has been working for a year never had problems 

Win10 specs shouldnt be the prob it worked for over 1 year just stoped giving signal on boot like 15 min ago

I'm not asking Win10 specs, I'm asking your computer specs. Motherboard, CPU etc...

And you didnt answer the question, are your drivers up to date? Have you deleted any older drivers? Is your GPU still being picked up by the system, are all your cables still plugged in correctly? What have you done to try and fix this?

3 minutes ago, miniahobbie said:

I'm not asking Win10 specs, I'm asking your computer specs. Motherboard, CPU etc...

And you didnt answer the question, are your drivers up to date? Have you deleted any older drivers? Is your GPU still being picked up by the system, are all your cables still plugged in correctly? What have you done to try and fix this?

Well, 

CPU: i5 1340 (i think) 3.10Ghz

RAM: hyperx 8gb 1836 DDR3

Motherboard: CM6780(not sure but came with computer before i swaped the ram and gpu)

When i first got this gpu i had a nvidea card so i unistalled all the drivers and installed amd one. 

I had the most recent driver update.

To try and fix it i remove all video drivers to see if it had signal with gpu plugged (failed)

1 minute ago, KrimsonFox said:

Well, 

CPU: i5 1340 (i think) 3.10Ghz

RAM: hyperx 8gb 1836 DDR3

Motherboard: CM6780(not sure but came with computer before i swaped the ram and gpu)

When i first got this gpu i had a nvidea card so i unistalled all the drivers and installed amd one. 

I had the most recent driver update.

To try and fix it i remove all video drivers to see if it had signal with gpu plugged (failed)

What PSU specifically please?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

5 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

What PSU specifically please?

I knew smth was missing thermaltake 750w

Update on specs:

CPU: i5 3450 3.1 Ghz

Motherboard: Asus CM6870

PSU: Thermaltake 750W

RAM: HyperX 8gb DDR3 1836

7 minutes ago, KrimsonFox said:

Update on specs:

CPU: i5 3450 3.1 Ghz

Motherboard: Asus CM6870

PSU: Thermaltake 750W

RAM: HyperX 8gb DDR3 1836

Chances are the GPU got fried - might have been because of the PSU

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Just now, don_svetlio said:

Chances are the GPU got fried - might have been because of the PSU

how can i know for sure?

Yarp, I feel a dead GPU if it isnt being picked up. So if you still got the warranty, then give Sapphire a call.

Just now, miniahobbie said:

Yarp, I feel a dead GPU if it isnt being picked up. So if you still got the warranty, then give Sapphire a call.

But the gpu runs his fans run and the lights light up, just no signal

how can i know for sure?

If it doesn't work it's likely dead

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

If it doesn't work it's likely dead

Something similar happend when i first got it, got solved by removing nvidea drivers

Something similar happend when i first got it, got solved by removing nvidea drivers

Try reinstalling drivers via DDU with the iGPU then, though the fans aren't connected to the core so it can be fried while they still work

Try reinstalling drivers via DDU with the iGPU then, though the fans aren't connected to the core so it can be fried while they still work

I used DDU to unisntall all AMD and NVidea drivers (just to make sure), what should i do now? install amd drivers? and what is igpu?

I used DDU to unisntall all AMD and NVidea drivers (just to make sure), what should i do now? install amd drivers? and what is igpu?

iGPU = intel HD graphics

Install 16.4.2

iGPU = intel HD graphics

Install 16.4.2

where can i find r9 280x amd driver, cant seem to find it :\ 

where can i find r9 280x amd driver, cant seem to find it :\ 

type in AMD 16.4.2 in google

3 hours ago, don_svetlio said:

type in AMD 16.4.2 in google

for some reasson that got me so pissed off it just started working again out of the blue...