MODDED minecraft pc

theboss116

hey guys I'm looking for a budget pc to play MODDED minecraft and record it for youtube. I will be running 20-40 mods (not that much) and i will be recording it so if you could put together a pc for me that would be great. My budget 100-400$. i won't need an OS or an optical drive. I would like this computer to run at least 25 fps with mods the higher the better try to get to me as quick as possible please. Thank you in advanced for your help

Do you have any existing parts? Like a case or power supply? You're going to need to buy used. Minecraft can be quite CPU intensive, and you're recording on top of that. the only way I see you getting a powerful enough cpu is getting a used one.

ok old serverhardware is your best shot here IMO, get an old dual socket board and two 4 or more core Xeons that fit it and then try to get something like a 280 for the graphics. its extreamly hard with that budget to make something decent that will do all that so i cant really make a pc partpicker for you but old Xeons and I7s is probably something to look at for this

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

do you need a keyboard/mouse/monitors? otherwise this should be good for a NEW system  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kVW6cf

An 860K? I'm sorry but thats not enough to play minecraft and record... unless its 1000 kbps at 480p. He should really buy used server hardware.

7 minutes ago, 3DGamerOnSteam said:

An 860K? I'm sorry but thats not enough to play minecraft and record... unless its 1000 kbps at 480p. He should really buy used server hardware.

oh it is enough if you use shadowplay (hence the 750 ti)

thats minecraft maxed out and recording at 1080p and it will look perfect. (probably not maxed out with mods tho depending on the mods)

8 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

oh it is enough if you use shadowplay (hence the 750 ti)

It would still be pushing it. I can pin my i5 at 100% without my GPU being pushed that hard in vanilla. I would get a i5 2500. You can get them for 100-110 dollars used.

Just now, 3DGamerOnSteam said:

It would still be pushing it. I can pin my i5 at 100% without my GPU being pushed that hard in vanilla. I would get a i5 2500. You can get them for 90 dollars used.

no its enough. my old build had that same set up but a worse GPU and i could play it 1080p maxed out and recorded at 720p maxed out 80+ FPS. im pretty sure with that better GPU and shadowplay he will be fine. plus that build can run GTA 5 on med settings on 40-60 FPS (not recording) 

no its enough. my old build had that same set up but a worse GPU and i could play it 1080p maxed out and recorded at 720p maxed out 80+ FPS. im pretty sure with that better GPU and shadowplay he will be fine. plus that build can run GTA 5 on med settings on 40-60 FPS (not recording) 

What game? And a 2500 can use quick sync so.

3 minutes ago, 3DGamerOnSteam said:

What game? And a 2500 can use quick sync so.

minecraft 

1 minute ago, Josephdalepi said:

what this guy needs isnt used hardware, its a bigger budget

minecraft and its mods are very oorly optimized, so hes gonna need some serious cpu power

however, for a gpu, just about anything will do

Some people have contestants. Don't poop on them for that.

minecraft 

I guess it depends if your playing on a server or not. I still think a better route would be used hardware. I would recommend a i5 2500 so he can use quicksync to record, and an R9 270/x The CPU is like 130ish, you can pick one up for 100 if you're lucky. And a 270/x goes for about 80ish dollars. Everything else in that build I would keep more or less the same.

1 minute ago, 3DGamerOnSteam said:

I guess it depends if your playing on a server or not. I still think a better route would be used hardware. I would recommend a i5 2500 so he can use quicksync to record, and an R9 270/x The CPU is like 130ish, you can pick one up for 100 if you're lucky. And a 270/x goes for about 80ish dollars. Everything else in that build I would keep more or less the same.

well quicksync uses the CPU to record doesn't it? thats what you dont want, you want as much free CPU space as you can. thats why you use the GPU to record and not use OBS, FRAPS or Xsplit 

and why would you want him to get a 270 minecraft does not need that, thats very overkill and if he gets it used for cheap its probably going to be a old burned out mining card.

well quicksync uses the CPU to record doesn't it? thats what you dont want, you want as much free CPU space as you can. thats why you use the GPU to record and not use OBS, FRAPS or Xsplit 

Quicksync uses the IGPU, so its much like shadowplay.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88X PRO3+ ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($57.55 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Mushkin Essentials 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($29.98 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate  1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  ($69.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 4GB Video Card  ($129.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Thermaltake VO545A1N2U ATX Mid Tower Case w/450W Power Supply  ($50.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $408.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-25 18:14 EDT-0400

You could do something like this and save up for a good GPU:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($27.09 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($27.75 @ Amazon)
Case: Xion XON-310_BK MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($22.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($58.99 @ B&H)
Total: $381.79

This will run MC at your desired FPS.  The iGPU will be the bottleneck.  You would record using the OBS (CPU, not the GPU).  It will be better in the long run.

Note: I put in a 4GB Graphics card for heavily modded stuff. Note that an APU would suffice just as well

3 minutes ago, stconquest said:

You could do something like this and save up for a good GPU:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($27.09 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($27.75 @ Amazon)
Case: Xion XON-310_BK MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($22.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($58.99 @ B&H)
Total: $381.79

Thats actually a good point. The IGPU in a 6500 is very good. You should get like 60 fps with good render distance.

58 minutes ago, 3DGamerOnSteam said:

Some people have contestants. Don't poop on them for that.

what?

what?

Constraints. sorry, i was on my phone and it auto corrected to the wrong thing

Just now, 3DGamerOnSteam said:

Constraints. sorry, i was on my phone and it auto corrected to the wrong thing

yeah

just kinda thinking

for that budget on heavily modded minecraft?

if definitely wait and save up, or at least leave massive room for upgrades

something like a 6100 with a ddr4 motherboard, hopefully

Just now, Josephdalepi said:

yeah

just kinda thinking

for that budget on heavily modded minecraft?

if definitely wait and save up, or at least leave massive room for upgrades

something like a 6100 with a ddr4 motherboard, hopefully

Look the the post above.  He could build a system with a i5 6500 with no dedicated GPU for under 400. That's good. Then just save up for a good gpu.

1 minute ago, 3DGamerOnSteam said:

Look the the post above.  He could build a system with a i5 6500 with no dedicated GPU for under 400. That's good. Then just save up for a good gpu.

thats pretty good

but a gpu isnt gonna help much on minecraft, so im not so sure  on that one

thats pretty good

but a gpu isnt gonna help much on minecraft, so im not so sure  on that one

It's never a bad idea to have a decent GPU. Then you can have better render distance and AA, if you're into that kinda thing. Plus having a dedicated GPU lets him use the IGPU for quicksync.